A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out ne...
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Heading into the heart of hurricane season 10 months after Sandy slammed the New York metropolitan area, Wall Street has had time to reassess and revamp backup plans.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
I love my iPhone, and have loved it since I ditched my Sony Ericsson 710a way back in 2008. But no device is perfect, and every year I look forward to Worldwide Developers Conference keynotes and the new iOS features that typically come with it. iOS ...
Microsoft's release of an Office suite for the iPhone is too little, too late and yet another timid move aimed at protecting Windows 8 sales at the expense of customer demand for a product like this one for iPads, according to analysts.
Now that developers have had a few days to delve into the iOS 7 beta, it's becoming clear that the iPhone version of the software could prove beneficial to enterprises.
Nokia's is rebooting its U.S. Windows Phone push with the arrival of the low-cost Lumia 521 on T-Mobile and Lumia 928 for Verizon Wireless, but increasing sales to meaningful volumes in the very competitive U.S. market will not be easy.
Operators and telecom equipment vendors are showing a growing interest in small cells, which aim to give users improved coverage and speeds.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
- A Raspberry Pi 3 competitor will boast an SSD storage slot
- Adblock Plus can't charge Axel Springer for whitelisting its ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT