It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Facebook is getting serious about on-the-go social networking with a suite of new features announced during the Facebook Mobile event on Wednesday.
Information workers are increasingly demanding to use consumer-friendly Android and iOS devices on the job, so it stands to reason that IT administrators would value such flexibility too.
Hardly a week goes by without some fresh evidence of Android's growing success.
Autodesk announced that it is bringing AutoCAD back to the Mac, and also adding AutoCAD apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
Intel has been on a buying binge lately. Just two weeks ago the world's largest chip maker agreed to acquire security vendor McAfee for $7.68 billion, and today it announced plans to buy Infineon Technologies' Wireless Solutions (WLS) division for $...
Google's new Gmail calling may be a great way for consumers to make free and low-cost voice calls, but the service isn't quite ready for business customers using Google Apps, the search giant's suite of cloud-based productivity programs.
That little Android mascot must be struggling to catch his breath.
For a device with "smart" in its name, a smartphone sure can help you do a lot of stupid things. Whether it's racking up thousands of dollars in international roaming fees or encouraging dozens of eye rolls with your misrouted voice dialing -- I'm lo...
Now that SAP's roughly $US6 billion acquisition of Sybase has gained clearance from European regulators, it may not be long before the deal is finalised. With that in mind, users and partners of the companies have much to consider during the next few...
Just last year, with the arrival of Android 2.0 mobile operating system, I warned that Android devices were not quite ready for the enterprise.
The Windows Phone 7 operating system won't arrive for a few more months (expect a splashy debut as the holiday season nears) and Microsoft is using the extra time to dole out morsels of information about its upcoming mobile OS--one with the unfortuna...
Don't look now, Apple fanatics, but Android's just made another noteworthy leap in mobile market share.
If there's any correlation between the recently killed Kin and discontinued T-Mobile Sidekick -- aside from Microsoft having a hand in both discontinued phones -- it's that they tried to distinguish themselves from both high-powered smartphones and s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Loyalty SystemsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - VMwareNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia