LightSquared said Monday it will donate as many as 2,000 satellite phones, with service, to a health agency serving American Indians in rural areas.
The judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS has denied Google's attempt to get a potentially damaging e-mail redacted.
AT&T announced service throttling for the heaviest users of its unlimited mobile data plans on Friday, saying the only way to truly solve its bandwidth crunch is for regulators to approve its merger with T-Mobile USA.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
Google wants the judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS to redact a potentially damaging e-mail written by a Google employee, saying it was supposed to remain confidential and that Oracle wrongly revealed it.
France Télécom's revenue and net income for the first half both fell compared to a year earlier, even as subscriber numbers climbed 7 percent, it reported Thursday.
Alcatel-Lucent reported a smaller increase in revenue than analysts had expected, but returned to profit in the second quarter. For the full year, the company expects to grow faster than the market as a whole and to improve its operating margin.
It's been a rough time of late for global business travelers who need to stay in touch.
A group of 29 US universities has banded together in an effort to accelerate ultra-high-speed broadband deployment to their campuses and surrounding communities, organiSers announced on Wednesday.
Google already allows Gmail users to exchange chat messages with mobile phone users via SMS in 23 countries worldwide, but now French mobile phone operator Orange wants to help the search giant extend the service across Africa and the Middle East.
Mozilla, the makers of the Firefox browser, hopes to revolutionize the modern operating system with Boot to Gecko, a universal-platform OS primary aimed at mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets that could theoretically drive futuristic deskt...
Most would guess iPads outsell Android tablets, but it may come as a surprise to you to learn just how much Apple is dominating Google in the tablet wars.
Earlier today (Monday), Apple released iOS 4.3.5, a security update that patches a flaw in its handling of security certificates. If you're looking to jailbreak 4.3.5, though, here's some good news: "MuscleNerd" of the iPhone Dev Team decided he woul...
iOS 5's on-device delta updates can't come soon enough. Just a week and a half after releasing iOS 4.3.4, Apple has dropped iOS 4.3.5.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to transfer 120MHz of television spectrum from broadcasters to mobile broadband carriers could require more than 800 TV stations to change channels and could drive more than 200 off the air permanentl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW