LightSquared said Monday it will donate as many as 2,000 satellite phones, with service, to a health agency serving American Indians in rural areas.
The judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS has denied Google's attempt to get a potentially damaging e-mail redacted.
AT&T announced service throttling for the heaviest users of its unlimited mobile data plans on Friday, saying the only way to truly solve its bandwidth crunch is for regulators to approve its merger with T-Mobile USA.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone service in rural areas would transition into broadband subsidies under a plan released Friday by six telecom carriers and three trade groups representing small carriers.
Google wants the judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS to redact a potentially damaging e-mail written by a Google employee, saying it was supposed to remain confidential and that Oracle wrongly revealed it.
France Télécom's revenue and net income for the first half both fell compared to a year earlier, even as subscriber numbers climbed 7 percent, it reported Thursday.
Alcatel-Lucent reported a smaller increase in revenue than analysts had expected, but returned to profit in the second quarter. For the full year, the company expects to grow faster than the market as a whole and to improve its operating margin.
It's been a rough time of late for global business travelers who need to stay in touch.
A group of 29 US universities has banded together in an effort to accelerate ultra-high-speed broadband deployment to their campuses and surrounding communities, organiSers announced on Wednesday.
Google already allows Gmail users to exchange chat messages with mobile phone users via SMS in 23 countries worldwide, but now French mobile phone operator Orange wants to help the search giant extend the service across Africa and the Middle East.
Mozilla, the makers of the Firefox browser, hopes to revolutionize the modern operating system with Boot to Gecko, a universal-platform OS primary aimed at mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets that could theoretically drive futuristic deskt...
Most would guess iPads outsell Android tablets, but it may come as a surprise to you to learn just how much Apple is dominating Google in the tablet wars.
Earlier today (Monday), Apple released iOS 4.3.5, a security update that patches a flaw in its handling of security certificates. If you're looking to jailbreak 4.3.5, though, here's some good news: "MuscleNerd" of the iPhone Dev Team decided he woul...
iOS 5's on-device delta updates can't come soon enough. Just a week and a half after releasing iOS 4.3.4, Apple has dropped iOS 4.3.5.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission proposal to transfer 120MHz of television spectrum from broadcasters to mobile broadband carriers could require more than 800 TV stations to change channels and could drive more than 200 off the air permanentl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Schneider Electric PLC simulator flaw exposes workstations to hacking
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Government - SydneyNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTData ScientistSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW