The former co-owner of Illinois networking vendor Global Networking Technologies was sentenced Tuesday to serve one year and one day in prison for his participation in a conspiracy to defraud a U.S. government program delivering Internet service to s...
Mobile broadband startup LightSquared proposed an alternative network plan on Monday in which it would use different frequencies to prevent interference with GPS.
While NFC (near-field communication) gradually emerges to turn mobile phones into payment devices, Silicon Valley startup Naratte is introducing a system it claims can do roughly the same thing without adding a chip to the handset.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider new rules to help telephone service customers decipher their phone bills and guard against unwanted charges, the agency's chairman said Monday.
Eight Skype executives have departed the company following Microsoft's $8.5 billion buyout in May, a Skype spokeswoman confirmed on Monday.
Starbucks said this week it has seen plenty of customers interested in using smartphones to pay for their coffee.
The Internet is abuzz with reports that Facebook will finally come out with a dedicated iPad app.
Two lawmakers today proposed a bipartisan measure that would regulate how law enforcement agencies and companies can access and use geo-location data gathered from cell phones, tablets and other mobile devices.
If you're using Google Sync to connect your Gmail and Google Calendar data to your iOS device--and really, if you're not, you should be--the folks in Mountain View have whipped up a few new tweaks that will make that experience all the more pleasant.
Google has been busy beefing up its mobile offerings lately. In the last several weeks, it's announced a mobile payment system, Google Wallet; a new bus-tracking system that uses Google Maps; as well as a revamped Google Docs app for Android devices.
LightSquared said it may ask for another two weeks to compile a report on possible interference between its planned cellular network and the GPS system, as a Wednesday deadline for the report loomed.
Mobile operators that want to bid on spectrum in the 2.6GHz and 800MHz bands in order to operate 4G (fourth generation) mobile services can now send in their applications, French regulator Arcep said on Wednesday.
Mobile startup LightSquared may go from the frying pan to the fire on Wednesday when it releases a report on potential interference between its planned network and GPS.
The company Cellcrypt released an application on Tuesday for mobile phones running Android that encrypts voice calls, addressing increasing concern that voice traffic over cellular networks could be intercepted with off-the-shelf equipment.
Network neutrality advocates are hoping the rest of Europe will be inspired by the Dutch government's work to protect the Internet using legislation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT