The former co-owner of Illinois networking vendor Global Networking Technologies was sentenced Tuesday to serve one year and one day in prison for his participation in a conspiracy to defraud a U.S. government program delivering Internet service to s...
Mobile broadband startup LightSquared proposed an alternative network plan on Monday in which it would use different frequencies to prevent interference with GPS.
While NFC (near-field communication) gradually emerges to turn mobile phones into payment devices, Silicon Valley startup Naratte is introducing a system it claims can do roughly the same thing without adding a chip to the handset.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider new rules to help telephone service customers decipher their phone bills and guard against unwanted charges, the agency's chairman said Monday.
Eight Skype executives have departed the company following Microsoft's $8.5 billion buyout in May, a Skype spokeswoman confirmed on Monday.
Starbucks said this week it has seen plenty of customers interested in using smartphones to pay for their coffee.
The Internet is abuzz with reports that Facebook will finally come out with a dedicated iPad app.
Two lawmakers today proposed a bipartisan measure that would regulate how law enforcement agencies and companies can access and use geo-location data gathered from cell phones, tablets and other mobile devices.
If you're using Google Sync to connect your Gmail and Google Calendar data to your iOS device--and really, if you're not, you should be--the folks in Mountain View have whipped up a few new tweaks that will make that experience all the more pleasant.
Google has been busy beefing up its mobile offerings lately. In the last several weeks, it's announced a mobile payment system, Google Wallet; a new bus-tracking system that uses Google Maps; as well as a revamped Google Docs app for Android devices.
LightSquared said it may ask for another two weeks to compile a report on possible interference between its planned cellular network and the GPS system, as a Wednesday deadline for the report loomed.
Mobile operators that want to bid on spectrum in the 2.6GHz and 800MHz bands in order to operate 4G (fourth generation) mobile services can now send in their applications, French regulator Arcep said on Wednesday.
Mobile startup LightSquared may go from the frying pan to the fire on Wednesday when it releases a report on potential interference between its planned network and GPS.
The company Cellcrypt released an application on Tuesday for mobile phones running Android that encrypts voice calls, addressing increasing concern that voice traffic over cellular networks could be intercepted with off-the-shelf equipment.
Network neutrality advocates are hoping the rest of Europe will be inspired by the Dutch government's work to protect the Internet using legislation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW