Ericsson has reached an agreement to acquire Telcordia Technologies for US$1.15 billion, the company said on Tuesday.
Google removed more malware-infected applications from its Android Market last week, according to a security researcher who reported the rogue software to the company.
I love my hometown of San Francisco. Great weather, great views, great food. But terrible radio. So when I'm driving, I've developed the habit of tuning into Pandora on an iPhone that I link to my car radio. Like a lot of other AT&T customers, I'...
Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry smartphone OS is known for security, and that's for good reason. RIM designed the mobile OS with security in mind from the start, and it shows; the BlackBerry OS offers a number of ways for smartphone owners and ...
Let the Windows 8 hardware rumors begin.
Apple now has more than 350,000 apps in its App Store, offering developers a large -- and growing -- market in which to sell their wares.
Nokia Siemens Networks is hoping more operators will start using QoS to offer differentiated mobile broadband services. But the technology will be a hard sell, because proving users are getting their money's worth will be difficult, Richard Webb, dir...
World IPv6 Day boosted the amount of native IPv6 traffic on the Internet, but it mostly increased the use of transitional protocols that won't help to solve the looming shortage of IPv4 addresses, according to researchers studying data from Wednesday...
Apple has surpassed HP and all other equipment manufacturers to become the world's largest consumer of semiconductor technology, largely because of the popularity of its mobile devices.
Earlier this week at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), Apple finally offered up a look at iOS 5, the planned update to the company's mobile OS. Although it wont be out until this fall -- Apple isn't yet saying exactly when -- iOS 5 promises...
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Sprint's renewed partnership with Motorola, announced today, will result in more than 10 smartphones and tablets for sale in 2011, including Motorola's first WiMax phone for Sprint, the Photon 4G.
Nearly 1 billion smartphones will be shipped globally in 2015, almost double the amount for all of 2011, as millions of people seek out the more powerful mobile phones that are dropping in price, market research firm IDC said.
Sprint Nextel has given up its majority voting power at Clearwire to defuse investors' concerns about the danger to Sprint if Clearwire defaulted on its debt.
AT&T will be able to significantly improve its mobile network capacity and give better service to its customers because of its proposed acquisition of rival T-Mobile USA, company officials said Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW