A U.S. Congress subcommittee has approved a bill requiring two government agencies to return any unused money from broadband deployment programs that were part of a huge 2009 economic stimulus package.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has approved IEEE 802.16m, the standard for the next generation of WiMax, which may deliver downstream speeds of more than 300M bps (bits per second).
Microsoft bragged Thursday about growth in its Windows Phone 7 (WP7) developer community one year after its birth, but immediately got blasted for not disclosing developer revenues.
A year ago, Microsoft released free developer tools for its Windows Phone 7 mobile OS. Today, Microsoft is celebrating a set of numbers that show, the company says, developers have enthusiastically embraced the platform.
Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 platform has caught on with developers in the year since the platform's development tools were first shown, a Microsoft executive stressed Thursday in a blog entry featuring a variety of numbers related to Microsoft's entr...
Dell Thursday offered detailed instructions for adding the Windows Phone 7 "copy and paste" update to its star-crossed Dell Venue Pro smartphone.
Samsung and Visa will roll out a mobile payments program in London in time for the Olympic Games next year, they said Thursday.
NTT DoCoMo is investing 8 billion rupees (US$176 million) in Tata Teleservices, a mobile services company in India.
Hewlett-Packard is giving developers early access to the webOS 3.0 SDK (Software Development Kit), hoping that they will start working on applications for the company's upcoming TouchPad tablet, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
Vodafone said on Thursday it will buy Essar Group's stake in a local subsidiary, giving it the maximum allowable equity share of a mobile phone company allowed by Indian law.
Gartner Wednesday revised its worldwide IT spending forecast upward, mostly in response to strong 2010 sales of media tablet computers like Apple's iPad.
Two U.S. agencies closely involved with GPS are calling on the FCC to force a more complete study of potential interference with the navigation system from the planned LightSquared mobile broadband network.
With tablets invading the enterprise, IT departments are facing new challenges around controlling mobile connectivity expenses.
European regulators should focus on making the economics work for fiber rollout and avoid political deals with dominant firms, telecommunications companies said Wednesday.
Kansas City is the lucky winner of a 1Gbit-per-second broadband network that Google plans to build.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Germany backs plan to retain personal flight data across EU
- China: Facebook not banned, but must follow the rules
- Google AI project apes memory, programs (sort of) like a human
- Nintendo targets new health business with sleep sensor
- China's Xiaomi surges to become world's third largest smartphone vendor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW