French Internet users in rural areas may end up getting faster mobile broadband than other parts of the world, after a minister said that operators would be allowed to buy more spectrum.
While SAP has spent the past year spinning a vision for on-premises, on-demand and on-device computing, its upcoming Sapphire conference is an opportunity for the vendor to lay out some important specifics on these plans for the thousands expected to...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should investigate AT&T's new broadband caps and ask questions about why the company needs them, two broadband advocacy groups said.
U.S. Cellular will roll out an LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile wireless network, reaching more than 25 percent of its subscribers by the holiday season late this year.
Smartphone maker High Tech Computer (HTC) signed a memorandum of understanding on Friday with a group of Asian telecom service providers who will be jointly buying equipment for mobile Internet from the Taiwanese company.
Microsoft on Wednesday said it will not help Windows Phone users who updated their smartphones last month with an unsanctioned tool, and are now unable to apply a security update.
The Android-powered Xperia Mini Pro smartphone from Sony Ericsson, Sony Ericsson unveiled the Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro smartphones in London on Thursday, each running Android 2.3 and powered by 1 GHz Snapdragon processors.
When it comes to apps, Android seems to be running faster than Apple can roll. New research predicts the total number of apps in the Android Market will overtake Apple's App Store in August 2011.
Both Facebook and Google are in the running for some sort of joint venture with consumer voice-over IP (VoIP) giant Skype, according to a Reuters article.
Apple's iPhone is inching closer to Nokia's top spot in smartphones globally, according to first-quarter 2011 results reported by IDC on Thursday.
U.S. government regulators should depend on antitrust laws to protect broadband customers, instead of the network neutrality rules the U.S. Federal Communications Commission passed in December, Republican members of a U.S. House of Representatives su...
Bharti Airtel's profit continues to be weighed down by the cost of debt it took on to make investments in 3G spectrum in India and to acquire the African operations of Zain.
Attention, Nexus One owners: the latest variant of Gingerbread is here! But don't get too excited as this "special" Nexus One version of Android doesn't deliver all the digital goodies that other handsets are getting.
Underpromise and overdeliver—always a good strategy. Apple said it would take a few weeks to issue an iOS update to fix a handful of bugs related to the storage of location data, but it's taken just seven days between that announcement and the appear...
WiMax service provider Clearwire posted record subscriber growth of 1.8 million in the first quarter and said it no longer plans to sell radio spectrum this year to raise money. Nevertheless, it reported another substantial quarterly loss.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ARM fades from Windows PCs and tablets, but grows in Chromebooks
- Chef serves up devops for the enterprise
- Over 100,000 devices can be used to amplify DDoS attacks via multicast DNS
- Oracle bolsters Marketing Cloud to show CMOs the big picture
- Obama authorizes sanctions against hackers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW