Nokia CEO Stephen Elop used his keynote at the Open Mobile Summit in London Thursday to explain, again, why the company chose the Windows Phone OS for its smartphones and insisted during a question-and-answer session that, despite persistent rumors t...
It's been billed by its organizers as the most important day for the future of the Internet, but so far World IPv6 Day has probably served to confirm what the industry already knows about the 128-bit protocol on which the 21st century digital society...
Verizon Wireless Wednesday confirmed that it plans to start selling the Samsung Galaxy S II "superphone" sometime in July, making it one of several U.S. carriers that are expected to sell the device.
Combining social media with location services and mobile phones represents the next generation of online marketing, according to speakers at the Search Marketing Expo in Seattle on Tuesday.
A new document in a year-old patent lawsuit filed by Oracle against Google over Android intellectual property suggests Oracle could be seeking huge damages from Google.
The Internet has been rolling along for decades on the strength of IPv4 and its numbering system, which has supplied billions of addresses. As long as more addresses were available, few people thought about them. But the booming popularity of the Int...
Oracle wants a significant chunk of the ad revenue Google generates in connection with its Android mobile OS, according to a filing made this week in the companies' ongoing patent litigation suit.
TeliaSonera's 4G network comes out on top when pitched against Three's new HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) network in central Stockholm, with average download speeds at 57.1M bps (bits per second) and 13.7M bps.
Millions of Skype users were having trouble on Tuesday signing into the application, less than two weeks after the company published software updates for Windows and Mac computers to fix a similar problem.
Apple on Monday gave users their first glimpse at iOS 5, the next iteration of the company's mobile operating system for iPhones and iPads. During the keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple senior vice president Scott Forstall ...
Verizon Wireless is violating U.S. Federal Communications Commission rules by blocking users from using third-party tethering applications on Android smartphones, media reform group Free Press said in a complaint to the FCC Monday.
Analysts parsing what Microsoft revealed of Windows 8 earlier this week are split today on how big the company's gambling with its operating system cash cow, some saying the bet was for the farm, while others said it was the best move Microsoft could...
The U.S. Department of Justice is examining bidders, including Apple and Google, interested in Nortel's patent portfolio, according to a <a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303657404576363781889157222.html">report in the Wall Stree...
If you're attending Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference next week, you'll want to pick up the official conference app, released Thursday for both the iPhone and iPad, and check out new updated information on the WWDC Web site.
The Nook Color getting hacked isn't exactly new -- there are plenty of Nook Color hacks now, from installing different versions of Android to improving battery life or storage space. It's pretty exciting, then, when someone tests out a totally differ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTDesign and Engineering - Technical WriterWA
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW