Nokia CEO Stephen Elop used his keynote at the Open Mobile Summit in London Thursday to explain, again, why the company chose the Windows Phone OS for its smartphones and insisted during a question-and-answer session that, despite persistent rumors t...
It's been billed by its organizers as the most important day for the future of the Internet, but so far World IPv6 Day has probably served to confirm what the industry already knows about the 128-bit protocol on which the 21st century digital society...
Verizon Wireless Wednesday confirmed that it plans to start selling the Samsung Galaxy S II "superphone" sometime in July, making it one of several U.S. carriers that are expected to sell the device.
Combining social media with location services and mobile phones represents the next generation of online marketing, according to speakers at the Search Marketing Expo in Seattle on Tuesday.
A new document in a year-old patent lawsuit filed by Oracle against Google over Android intellectual property suggests Oracle could be seeking huge damages from Google.
The Internet has been rolling along for decades on the strength of IPv4 and its numbering system, which has supplied billions of addresses. As long as more addresses were available, few people thought about them. But the booming popularity of the Int...
Oracle wants a significant chunk of the ad revenue Google generates in connection with its Android mobile OS, according to a filing made this week in the companies' ongoing patent litigation suit.
TeliaSonera's 4G network comes out on top when pitched against Three's new HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) network in central Stockholm, with average download speeds at 57.1M bps (bits per second) and 13.7M bps.
Millions of Skype users were having trouble on Tuesday signing into the application, less than two weeks after the company published software updates for Windows and Mac computers to fix a similar problem.
Apple on Monday gave users their first glimpse at iOS 5, the next iteration of the company's mobile operating system for iPhones and iPads. During the keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple senior vice president Scott Forstall ...
Verizon Wireless is violating U.S. Federal Communications Commission rules by blocking users from using third-party tethering applications on Android smartphones, media reform group Free Press said in a complaint to the FCC Monday.
Analysts parsing what Microsoft revealed of Windows 8 earlier this week are split today on how big the company's gambling with its operating system cash cow, some saying the bet was for the farm, while others said it was the best move Microsoft could...
The U.S. Department of Justice is examining bidders, including Apple and Google, interested in Nortel's patent portfolio, according to a <a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303657404576363781889157222.html">report in the Wall Stree...
If you're attending Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference next week, you'll want to pick up the official conference app, released Thursday for both the iPhone and iPad, and check out new updated information on the WWDC Web site.
The Nook Color getting hacked isn't exactly new -- there are plenty of Nook Color hacks now, from installing different versions of Android to improving battery life or storage space. It's pretty exciting, then, when someone tests out a totally differ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT