Microsoft will invest in the BlackBerry platform from Research in Motion, becoming the default search provider in BlackBerry browsers and maps, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said during a surprise keynote appearance at BlackBerry World today.
Microsoft's investment in putting its Bing search and maps in BlackBerry mobile devices by the fall holiday season pits Research in Motion and Microsoft against Google in a massive scramble for mobile search customers.
Free Android phone tethering apps found in Android Market are reportedly being blocked by AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile.
Oracle has introduced support for Apple's iPad and iPhone as part of a slew of enhancements to its BI (business intelligence) software, the company announced Tuesday.
Nortel Networks has obtained court approval to accept a US$900 million bid from Google for the entirety of its remaining patent portfolio, it said Monday.
While developer interest in Apple's mobile devices remains solid, interest in Android has stalled among programmers disappointed with tablet prices and pressed by Android fragmentation, a survey published today showed.
Mobile data users still overwhelmingly prefer USB modems for keeping PCs and other devices connected on the go, but they may turn more to built-in cellular radios and portable Wi-Fi hotspots over the next five years, according to ABI Research.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) has extended its reach in the mobile-device-management (MDM) space with the acquisition of a German software company ubitexx, maker of the ubi-Suite device management software.
Research in Motion announced two new BlackBerry Bold smartphones on Monday that run on a new BlackBerry 7 operating system and include near field communication (NFC) support.
The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, launched last month by RIM has been relatively successful thus far despite being almost universally slammed as being an incomplete work in progress in initial reviews. Well, one of the missing features will soon be add...
Google on Thursday introduced video chatting capabilities to Android phones, akin to Face Time on Apple iOS devices, as part of version 2.3.4 of the mobile operating system. Other Android apps already offer video chatting capabilities, but Google has...
Verizon will put a peel-off sticker on the screen of cellphones it sells, warning that the user's location may be tracked. The sticker also advises users to be careful which apps they install if they wish to avoid location information being shared wi...
Google and Oracle each submitted proposals on Friday to reduce the number of claims in their Java patent infringement lawsuit, which could help bring the case to a speedier conclusion.
Yet another problem has cropped up preventing some Windows Phone 7 users from getting two software updates, adding a new chapter to the update saga that started in February.
Chinese telecommunications equipment supplier ZTE has fired back against its rival Huawei Technologies by filing its own patent infringement lawsuit against the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google gives Apps admins more control over their files and docs
- Infinit speeds up video, photo sharing via smartphones
- Facebook tracks all site vistors, violating EU law, report says
- Cloudyn helps companies keep track of Microsoft Azure deployments
- Lebanese cyberespionage campaign hits defense, telecom, media firms worldwide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW