Can Microsoft's next-generation, touch-oriented Windows 8 OS give Microsoft a leg-up in the tablet computer market now dominated by Apple's iPad?
Clearwire is outsourcing day-to-day customer care to TeleTech Holdings, shifting about 700 employees to the company, in its latest move to cut costs.
The registry operator for the .CO top-level domain, .CO Internet SAS, has exceeded 1 million domain name registrations, a significant milestone for the company in its efforts to position the domain as a safe, attractive Internet presence option for b...
Wave your smartphone; buy a latte. Sounds great, doesn't it? But before running off to participate in Silicon Valley's next new thing, you might want to think about a scary downside to mobile commerce: the vulnerability of smartphones to hackers.
When I saw the Computerworld article about Square touting how it is going to replace cash registers with iPads, I was dismayed that there was no discussion of security. And Square's app isn't the only payment app that makes me anxious. While I admit ...
Mobile movie- and music-makers can add a few new tools to their toolbelts: On Wednesday, Apple released updates for both GarageBand and iMovie for iPad, adding new import options for the first, performance fixes for the latter, and AirPlay and HDMI s...
HP is open to licensing the WebOS operating system, but only to very select companies, an executive said on Wednesday.
The Internet will see explosive growth in connected devices and in traffic, with global traffic quadrupling between 2010 and 2015, Cisco Systems predicted in a report released Wednesday.
India has relaxed some of its security rules for telecommunications operators and equipment suppliers, after earlier rules that required equipment makers to deposit software source code with the government came in for criticism.
Sprint Nextel, joined by an army of thousands of consumers, have filed requests for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to block AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
France Télécom is ramping up its investment in deploying fiber to residential buildings, planning to spend €1 billion in France between this year and 2013, the operator said on Tuesday at its Investor Day.
Skype users affected by a recent glitch can now get back online by downloading the latest software update -- provided they're using Windows.
Computer users seem to be getting better at spotting fake websites that are trying to steal their passwords, but when it comes to mobile phones, the deck is most definitely stacked against them.
The Google Wallet service announced by Google, MasterCard, Citi and several US retailers represents a bold move by Google to enter the world of brick-and-mortar commerce.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
- Zenimax wants to block Oculus Rift headset sales, Gear VR games
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Technical Consultant - MicrosoftACT
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW