Can Microsoft's next-generation, touch-oriented Windows 8 OS give Microsoft a leg-up in the tablet computer market now dominated by Apple's iPad?
Clearwire is outsourcing day-to-day customer care to TeleTech Holdings, shifting about 700 employees to the company, in its latest move to cut costs.
The registry operator for the .CO top-level domain, .CO Internet SAS, has exceeded 1 million domain name registrations, a significant milestone for the company in its efforts to position the domain as a safe, attractive Internet presence option for b...
Wave your smartphone; buy a latte. Sounds great, doesn't it? But before running off to participate in Silicon Valley's next new thing, you might want to think about a scary downside to mobile commerce: the vulnerability of smartphones to hackers.
When I saw the Computerworld article about Square touting how it is going to replace cash registers with iPads, I was dismayed that there was no discussion of security. And Square's app isn't the only payment app that makes me anxious. While I admit ...
Mobile movie- and music-makers can add a few new tools to their toolbelts: On Wednesday, Apple released updates for both GarageBand and iMovie for iPad, adding new import options for the first, performance fixes for the latter, and AirPlay and HDMI s...
HP is open to licensing the WebOS operating system, but only to very select companies, an executive said on Wednesday.
The Internet will see explosive growth in connected devices and in traffic, with global traffic quadrupling between 2010 and 2015, Cisco Systems predicted in a report released Wednesday.
India has relaxed some of its security rules for telecommunications operators and equipment suppliers, after earlier rules that required equipment makers to deposit software source code with the government came in for criticism.
Sprint Nextel, joined by an army of thousands of consumers, have filed requests for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to block AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
France Télécom is ramping up its investment in deploying fiber to residential buildings, planning to spend €1 billion in France between this year and 2013, the operator said on Tuesday at its Investor Day.
Skype users affected by a recent glitch can now get back online by downloading the latest software update -- provided they're using Windows.
Computer users seem to be getting better at spotting fake websites that are trying to steal their passwords, but when it comes to mobile phones, the deck is most definitely stacked against them.
The Google Wallet service announced by Google, MasterCard, Citi and several US retailers represents a bold move by Google to enter the world of brick-and-mortar commerce.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW