Can Microsoft's next-generation, touch-oriented Windows 8 OS give Microsoft a leg-up in the tablet computer market now dominated by Apple's iPad?
Clearwire is outsourcing day-to-day customer care to TeleTech Holdings, shifting about 700 employees to the company, in its latest move to cut costs.
The registry operator for the .CO top-level domain, .CO Internet SAS, has exceeded 1 million domain name registrations, a significant milestone for the company in its efforts to position the domain as a safe, attractive Internet presence option for b...
Wave your smartphone; buy a latte. Sounds great, doesn't it? But before running off to participate in Silicon Valley's next new thing, you might want to think about a scary downside to mobile commerce: the vulnerability of smartphones to hackers.
When I saw the Computerworld article about Square touting how it is going to replace cash registers with iPads, I was dismayed that there was no discussion of security. And Square's app isn't the only payment app that makes me anxious. While I admit ...
Mobile movie- and music-makers can add a few new tools to their toolbelts: On Wednesday, Apple released updates for both GarageBand and iMovie for iPad, adding new import options for the first, performance fixes for the latter, and AirPlay and HDMI s...
HP is open to licensing the WebOS operating system, but only to very select companies, an executive said on Wednesday.
The Internet will see explosive growth in connected devices and in traffic, with global traffic quadrupling between 2010 and 2015, Cisco Systems predicted in a report released Wednesday.
India has relaxed some of its security rules for telecommunications operators and equipment suppliers, after earlier rules that required equipment makers to deposit software source code with the government came in for criticism.
Sprint Nextel, joined by an army of thousands of consumers, have filed requests for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to block AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
France Télécom is ramping up its investment in deploying fiber to residential buildings, planning to spend €1 billion in France between this year and 2013, the operator said on Tuesday at its Investor Day.
Skype users affected by a recent glitch can now get back online by downloading the latest software update -- provided they're using Windows.
Computer users seem to be getting better at spotting fake websites that are trying to steal their passwords, but when it comes to mobile phones, the deck is most definitely stacked against them.
The Google Wallet service announced by Google, MasterCard, Citi and several US retailers represents a bold move by Google to enter the world of brick-and-mortar commerce.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC