With some users unable to sign into Skype and make voice calls, the soon-to-be-acquired-by-Microsoft company offered users a multi-step fix to get its service running again.
AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA would give customers fewer choices and drive up prices, some U.S. lawmakers said Thursday.
Wi-Fi Direct, a peer-to-peer networking standard that came out last year but has been slow to appear in consumer products, will be in a large percentage of mobile phones by year's end, according to communications chip maker Broadcom.
NFC (near-field communication) will hit the big time in mobile phones next year, joining an array of emerging features that carriers are clamoring for, according to communications chip maker Broadcom.
When Microsoft announced its purchase of Skype earlier this month, it took great pains to affirm its commitment to continuing support for the technology on platforms other than Windows.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Wednesday he's not actively working to allow kids under 13 on the social networking site, that Facebook isn't developing any gadgets and he's too young to worry about his legacy.
A U.S. senator wants Apple and Google to require some applications in their mobile app stores to have privacy policies as a way to protect users against location tracking.
On Wednesday, femtocell maker Ubiquisys announced an agreement with Intel to develop a new generation of small base stations that will allow operators to push content to the edge of their networks.
Skype has decided not to renew an agreement that allows open-source telephony system Asterisk to be integrated with the service using software developed with Digium.
China has become the first country to reach 900 million cell phone users, according to government statistics.
Cox Communications is backing down from its ambitious plan to build its own 3G cellular network, saying on Tuesday that it will decommission its infrastructure and use Sprint Nextel's network to provide its subscribers with a branded mobile service.
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Two U.S. agencies reviewing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA should reject it because it's anticompetitive and will hurt consumers and the U.S. tech industry, three antitrust experts said Tuesday.
Broadband Forum has released BroadbandSuite 4.1, a set of specifications that aim to improve the performance of IPTV and DSL, the industry organization said on Tuesday.
After Microsoft acquired Skype earlier this month for $8.5 billion, most of the questions revolved around how Skype's IM, voice and video calling features will fit into Microsoft enterprise products such as Outlook and Lync.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW