Supporters of the MeeGo open-source platform put tablets, in-car systems and TV in the spotlight at a conference in San Francisco on Monday, saying the technology had broad potential while downplaying its role in smartphones.
Tired of advertisers that track your Internet surfing? Your mobile device can help you just say No.
Intel may have made a big splash this week announcing it's going to focus on the mobile market, but its rival in the space says the chip maker has an uphill climb ahead of it.
Kanimozhi Karunanidhi, a high-profile Indian politician and member of Parliament, is likely to be arrested later on Friday, after a special court in Delhi denied her bail in connection with investigations into the irregular allocations of 2G license ...
The number of 3G cellular subscriptions in North Korea passed half a million during the first quarter, the country's only 3G cellular operator said this week.
Future versions of Apple's iPhone will support China Mobile's fourth generation (4G) network, China's largest mobile carrier said, a sign that it will eventually offer the iconic device to its 600 million customers.
It had to happen: Amazon.com announced Thursday it is selling more Kindle e-books than print books, either hardcover or paperback.
Microsoft today called comments made by an Intel executive about the next version of Windows "inaccurate" and "misleading."
The U.S. Congress needs to pass new laws to protect smartphone customers from having their locations tracked by operating systems and applications, members of a Senate subcommittee said Thursday.
Novatel Wireless' Expedite E362 4G LTE embedded module has received technical approval to run on the Verizon Wireless LTE (Long Term Evolution) network, the chip maker said on Thursday.
When it comes to environmental sustainability, the information technology community has seriously mistaken its priorities. Our latest research has confirmed what we have been saying for four years. The IT industry is already energy-neutral in terms o...
Sean Maloney will return to the spotlight as one of Intel's most important executives on May 31 after several months of medical leave and a gradual return to work at the processor giant.
Clearwire is outsourcing the management of its network to Ericsson for seven years in a bid to cut its operating costs.
Out of nowhere, Apple is rumored to reveal a new product over the weekend, sending Apple Stores into lockdown mode on Saturday night to prepare.
SAP is giving its ongoing push into mobile applications an extra shove with a series of new products aimed at verticals such as utilities, energy, retail and manufacturing, the company announced Tuesday during the Sapphire Now conference in Orlando.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers leak Slack access tokens on GitHub, putting sensitive business data at risk
- Thumb PC uses Google software to give computer vision to robots and drones
- Oracle sets its sights on engineering and construction with Textura buy
- ISIS cyberattack capabilities are unorganized, underfunded -- for now
- Estonian man gets over 7 years in prison for role in global DNS hijacking botnet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- TreasuryNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW