Four U.S. senators ground the chamber's business to a halt Wednesday in an effort to prevent lawmakers from voting on a bill to extend portions of the Patriot Act used to collect telephone and business records from the country's residents.
High-end smartphones offer high-speed wireless connections -- but few mobile operators have made the infrastructure investments required to keep up with them. The arrival of cheaper phones with 300Mbps LTE capabilities may encourage that investment.
Several European telcos have come out against a scheme by their fellow operators to block advertising as a maneuver to force Google to share its revenue.
A lopsided vote in the U.S. House of Representatives this week to rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet won muted praise, with many supporters calling on Congress to take stronger action.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of the country's telephone records, while allowing the agency to engage in more targeted surveillance.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is facing a new, novel challenge to its recent net neutrality rules: a communications law firm is arguing the regulations aren't strong enough.
Mobile carriers Verizon Wireless and Sprint will pay a combined US$158 million[m] to settle complaints by two U.S. government agencies that they billed millions[m] of customers for unauthorized, third-pay text messaging services.
Apple products are still the preferred mobile devices among enterprise users, but competitors are chipping away at the company's lead, especially in the tablet market.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has denied the requests of several broadband providers and trade groups asking the agency to delay its net neutrality rules.
A U.S. appeals court judge shredded the government's defense of an extensive National Security Agency program targeting the phone records of the nation's residents.
Lyft is looking to better compete against larger rival Uber through a partnership with Verizon Wireless.
The U.S. National Security Agency's program to collect domestic telephone records in bulk was not authorized by Congress in the Patriot Act, an appeals court has ruled.
Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
Europe's e-commerce market will be subject to a full-fledged antitrust probe, as part of the European Commission's push to tear down walls between the European Union's 28 national digital markets.
A way to let cellular operators share Wi-Fi frequencies without jamming up Internet service is now in the spotlight at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump hotel chain fined over data breaches
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC