The amount of data generated by business technology systems, digital cameras and mobile phones has grown over the past several years.
Oracle and Google will engage in another attempt to settle their lawsuit over alleged Java patent and copyright violations in the Android mobile OS.
LightSquared said late Sunday that it planned to run the next day in major newspapers in the U.S. an open letter explaining its position over the controversy surrounding its LTE (long-term evolution) network, particularly concerns about its interfere...
Italy's auction of six blocks of 800MHz frequencies for 4G mobile phone services netted €2.962 billion (US$4 billion) Thursday, taking the total of provisional offers for mobile phone frequency licenses to more than €3.7 billion.
Mobile carrier Cricket announced on Thursday it will start selling the ZTE Score, the first smartphone from Chinese telecommunications equipment supplier ZTE to launch in the U.S.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Thursday took the first step toward updating the nation's 911 emergency dialing system to receive text messages, pictures and videos, in addition to voice calls.
Oracle is buying GoAhead Software, which makes products designed to help network equipment providers improve service delivery. Terms of the deal, which is expected to be completed before year's end, were not disclosed.
Two days of face-to-face mediation talks between Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page over the companies' Android mobile OS lawsuit have yet to result in a settlement, but the door is open for negotiations to continue, according to a do...
A U.S. district court judge has scheduled a trial to begin on Feb. 13 in the U.S. Department of Justice's lawsuit opposing AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Satellite-4G carrier LightSquared said Wednesday that gear to prevent interference between its network and precision GPS gear will cost US$50 to $300 per device and it is in talks with the U.S. government about covering the cost of upgrading or repla...
LightSquared said Wednesday it has an affordable solution to interference between its 4G network and GPS systems and will have working units available for tests planned by the U.S. government in the coming months.
A gap between what Microsoft promises with Lync's telephony and what it delivers makes Lync a poor choice as an IP PBX replacement for large organizations, according to a former Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" who now works for Avaya. A curren...
If you frequently use a mobile phone for business calls and text messages, you know that the fees from your carrier can add up quickly. But with suitable apps and programs, you can add an office line that lets you use Wi-Fi to make voice calls and se...
Appcelerator, whose Titanium platform is used to develop cross-platform apps for smartphones and tablets, has opened Open Mobile Marketplace, a store where developers can download modules to expand the functionality of Titanium and more easily add fe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW