Customers of another five telcos that use Vodafone’s network will be soon be able to access 4G services, the company announced today.
Standards for the next generation of cellular technology that will support multigigabit bandwidths are yet to be finalised and commercial deployments in Australian networks are unlikely before 2021, but Ericsson has announced upgrades to 4G networks ...
Gary McLaren was chief technology officer at NBN Co and a member of its executive committee through its earliest and most turbulent times.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued a final determination on nbn Co’s revenue controls for 2014-15. The industry body has determined that its prices did not exceed maximum regulated prices during the 2014-15 financial...
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
nbn has revealed its third quarter results, showing a total revenue $111 million, an increase of more than 158 per cent versus the previous corresponding period in fiscal year 2015.
Telstra recently hosted a Cloud-based hackathon at the Gurrowa Innovation Labs in Melbourne, where inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs from Melbourne’s tertiary institutions and the local IT community participated in the 48-hour competition.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
It’s close to a year since the Coalition government with the support of Labor pushed the data retention legislation through parliament, and the regime kicked in in October. However, telcos remain in the dark about how much funding they will receive t...
South Korean carrier KT has said it wants to launch the first 5G network at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang. On Thursday, KT announced a successful trial of one potential 5G technology in that mountain resort region.
The technology mix of the National Broadband Network has begun to tilt towards fibre to the node (FTTN), but figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveal that fibre to the premises (FTTP) was the fastest growing Internet access technology ...
The changing usage patterns of Australian broadband customers means that one of the key revenue streams for NBN — the Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) charge — needs a major rethink, according to Optus’ head of regulatory affairs, David Epstein.
Vodafone is preparing to offer Voice over Wi-FI – VoWIFI – to its customers “shortly”, the telco’s CEO, Iñaki Berroeta, yesterday told the CommsDay Summit in Sydney.
Telstra this morning defended the performance of its mobile network following outages in February and March.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA