Telstra, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and Optus will receive tens of millions of dollars in grants to help defray the cost of implementing the government’s data retention regime.
Australian broadband network, nbn, has reported an EBITDA loss of $1.6 billion for the year ending June 30, compared to $1.1 billion the same time last year.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will launch a market study of the communications industry that will examine the impact on competition of changes in the sector including the National Broadband Network rollout, the growth in consumer...
Australia's competition regulator and national consumer law champion, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is calling for consumers to be provided with better information about broadband speeds.
Customers of another five telcos that use Vodafone’s network will be soon be able to access 4G services, the company announced today.
Standards for the next generation of cellular technology that will support multigigabit bandwidths are yet to be finalised and commercial deployments in Australian networks are unlikely before 2021, but Ericsson has announced upgrades to 4G networks ...
Gary McLaren was chief technology officer at NBN Co and a member of its executive committee through its earliest and most turbulent times.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued a final determination on nbn Co’s revenue controls for 2014-15. The industry body has determined that its prices did not exceed maximum regulated prices during the 2014-15 financial...
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
nbn has revealed its third quarter results, showing a total revenue $111 million, an increase of more than 158 per cent versus the previous corresponding period in fiscal year 2015.
Telstra recently hosted a Cloud-based hackathon at the Gurrowa Innovation Labs in Melbourne, where inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs from Melbourne’s tertiary institutions and the local IT community participated in the 48-hour competition.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
It’s close to a year since the Coalition government with the support of Labor pushed the data retention legislation through parliament, and the regime kicked in in October. However, telcos remain in the dark about how much funding they will receive t...
South Korean carrier KT has said it wants to launch the first 5G network at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang. On Thursday, KT announced a successful trial of one potential 5G technology in that mountain resort region.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Design Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW