The ACCC saw a nine per cent surge in telecommunications industry complaints and inquiries during 2015-16, and a 145 per cent increase in NBN-related complaints.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim will not appeal a Federal Court decision that confirmed a ruling by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) limiting the ‘metadata’ Telstra is compelled to hand over to an individual if that individu...
Telstra, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and Optus will receive tens of millions of dollars in grants to help defray the cost of implementing the government’s data retention regime.
Australian broadband network, nbn, has reported an EBITDA loss of $1.6 billion for the year ending June 30, compared to $1.1 billion the same time last year.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will launch a market study of the communications industry that will examine the impact on competition of changes in the sector including the National Broadband Network rollout, the growth in consumer...
Australia's competition regulator and national consumer law champion, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is calling for consumers to be provided with better information about broadband speeds.
Customers of another five telcos that use Vodafone’s network will be soon be able to access 4G services, the company announced today.
Standards for the next generation of cellular technology that will support multigigabit bandwidths are yet to be finalised and commercial deployments in Australian networks are unlikely before 2021, but Ericsson has announced upgrades to 4G networks ...
Gary McLaren was chief technology officer at NBN Co and a member of its executive committee through its earliest and most turbulent times.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued a final determination on nbn Co’s revenue controls for 2014-15. The industry body has determined that its prices did not exceed maximum regulated prices during the 2014-15 financial...
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
nbn has revealed its third quarter results, showing a total revenue $111 million, an increase of more than 158 per cent versus the previous corresponding period in fiscal year 2015.
Telstra recently hosted a Cloud-based hackathon at the Gurrowa Innovation Labs in Melbourne, where inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs from Melbourne’s tertiary institutions and the local IT community participated in the 48-hour competition.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Staying alive: DDR5 memory is on its way
- Windows 10 Creators Update rolls ahead with early access and date for phones
- US Senator: Russia used 'thousands' of internet trolls during election
- Samsung reboots its smart home, IoT strategy with the Galaxy S8
- Destiny 2 is coming to the PC, Bungie confirms
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior BANSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectSA
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTLinux / Unix Systems AdministratorSA
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- CCDocument Scanning OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD