Australia's competition regulator and national consumer law champion, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is calling for consumers to be provided with better information about broadband speeds.
Customers of another five telcos that use Vodafone’s network will be soon be able to access 4G services, the company announced today.
Standards for the next generation of cellular technology that will support multigigabit bandwidths are yet to be finalised and commercial deployments in Australian networks are unlikely before 2021, but Ericsson has announced upgrades to 4G networks ...
Gary McLaren was chief technology officer at NBN Co and a member of its executive committee through its earliest and most turbulent times.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued a final determination on nbn Co’s revenue controls for 2014-15. The industry body has determined that its prices did not exceed maximum regulated prices during the 2014-15 financial...
Vodafone has called for an increase to the funding being made available through the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
Telecommunications company, Optus, has commenced rollout of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its 4G Plus mobile network in Australia’s major capital cities.
nbn has revealed its third quarter results, showing a total revenue $111 million, an increase of more than 158 per cent versus the previous corresponding period in fiscal year 2015.
Telstra recently hosted a Cloud-based hackathon at the Gurrowa Innovation Labs in Melbourne, where inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs from Melbourne’s tertiary institutions and the local IT community participated in the 48-hour competition.
Kogan Mobile is improving its service for all of its new and existing customers, with the company confirming that it will switch on 4G services for all customers by June, with no increase in prices.
It’s close to a year since the Coalition government with the support of Labor pushed the data retention legislation through parliament, and the regime kicked in in October. However, telcos remain in the dark about how much funding they will receive t...
South Korean carrier KT has said it wants to launch the first 5G network at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang. On Thursday, KT announced a successful trial of one potential 5G technology in that mountain resort region.
The technology mix of the National Broadband Network has begun to tilt towards fibre to the node (FTTN), but figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveal that fibre to the premises (FTTP) was the fastest growing Internet access technology ...
The changing usage patterns of Australian broadband customers means that one of the key revenue streams for NBN — the Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) charge — needs a major rethink, according to Optus’ head of regulatory affairs, David Epstein.
Vodafone is preparing to offer Voice over Wi-FI – VoWIFI – to its customers “shortly”, the telco’s CEO, Iñaki Berroeta, yesterday told the CommsDay Summit in Sydney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC