Telecommunications company, Amaysim, has launched its new Unlimited 1GB plan in Australia for $24.90. The company said, in a statement, that this new plan was launched with the budget conscious consumer in mind.
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Telstra has released a 4G mobile broadband hotspot intended for use in cars.
Telecommunications vendor, Telstra (ASX:TLS), has made public its network investment plans for the financial years 2016 and 2017. They include spending an extra $500 million on improving its mobile network in the next two years.
Alcatel-Lucent has been contracted to build a 2,300 km undersea cable connecting Australia and New Zealand, as part of a Telstra, Vodafone and Spark consortium.
Just be thankful you aren’t associated with any of these people.
Optus has commercially launched LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide using two 20MHz allotments of its 2300MHz spectrum.
As part of its sixth, three-year Disability Action Plan, Telstra has unveiled three new initiatives aimed at supporting persons with disability in accessing communications services.
As expected, analysts were prompt to compile market forecasts in response to Apple’s annual revelation event which, this year, saw it unveil its iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple Watch.
Vodafone pulled the plug on its bid for a chunk of the 700MHz spectrum in 2012, and is now re-allocating its existing 850MHz spectrum to compete with Telstra and Optus, both of which launched their respective 700MHz networks to limited locations earl...
SBS broke a number of its streaming service records by going all out with its Web and mobile video coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Vodafone and Optus’ mobile networks took a blow on Thursday, June 19, with the telecommunications providers confirming mobile network outages throughout the day, while Telstra experienced ADSL service disruptions.
Vodafone is apologising to customers for nationwide mobile network outages by offering unlimited data usage within Australia from midnight Friday, June 20, to 3:00am on Monday, June 23 (AEST).
Australian telecommunications giant, Telstra, has hit network speeds of 450 megabits per second (Mbps) by coupling the 1800MHz and 2600MHz bands on LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCLabour Stream LeadVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW