Hutchison Whampoa has agreed to acquire U.K. mobile operator O2 for a price that could top US$15 billion, giving a company that already owns one major carrier an even bigger share of the British market.
The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
A European Commission investigation into whether telecom operators were throttling Internet traffic in order to gain an unfair advantage over rivals has turned up no smoking guns, but one of the companies that prompted the probe isn't happy with the ...
Telefónica has submitted an offer for Brazilian telecom operator GVT (Global Village Telecom) worth €6.7 billion (US$9 billion), as it seeks to build up its business in Brazil by integrating mobile and fixed broadband with pay-TV services.
Telecom operator Telefónica has launched the first mobile ad-exchange platform to use the operator's customer demographics and real-time location data to serve targeted mobile ads, the company said on Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTInfrastructure Security SpecialistVIC
- CCActive Directory Engineer l Design & SupportNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW