Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
The next time you call customer service, you may get an answer from a Chromebook.
Wi-Fi may carry many voice calls within the next few years, but the technology required to make those calls is still young in some ways.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
Whitepapers about telephony
In 2012, Aberdeen surveyed 485 users of IP Telephony and legacy TMD telephony. The study assessed aspects of TCO, planned vs unplanned downtime, and which products they used. 74% of respondents were categorised in the SME sector; this report focuses on this group’s TCO experience.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW