In an effort to balance the U.S. government's books, some Republicans have proposed taking US$1billion from a fund that subsidizes rural telephone and broadband service and using it to reduce the government's budget deficit.
Mumbai's mobile networks were choked with traffic soon after terrorist blasts late Wednesday, preventing even the chief minister of the state from communicating with other officials.
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
The controversy over India's demand that it be allowed to monitor online and mobile communications resurfaced again on Wednesday, with an Indian minister telling reporters that the government had asked Skype, Google, and several other companies to gi...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has proposed new rules designed to make it more difficult for telephone carriers and other companies to insert mystery fees onto customers' phone bills.
India's top investigation agency, Central Bureau of Investigation, told the country's Supreme Court on Wednesday that it is investigating another former telecom minister, Dayanidhi Maran, in connection with alleged irregularities in the working of th...
On June 1, 1991, the first commercial calls over GSM were made in Finland and Sweden, Nokia Siemens and Ericsson noted Friday as they celebrated the anniversary by recollecting the early days of the technology.
New European Union rules came into force on Friday, reducing the cost for consumers of using mobile phones abroad.
India has relaxed some of its security rules for telecommunications operators and equipment suppliers, after earlier rules that required equipment makers to deposit software source code with the government came in for criticism.
Skype has decided not to renew an agreement that allows open-source telephony system Asterisk to be integrated with the service using software developed with Digium.
Kanimozhi Karunanidhi, a high-profile Indian politician and member of Parliament, is likely to be arrested later on Friday, after a special court in Delhi denied her bail in connection with investigations into the irregular allocations of 2G license ...
Microsoft's Skype acquisition will result in voice and video calling blended into lots of existing Microsoft products, but the company also stressed that it'll keep building Skype across other platforms.
Bharti Airtel's profit continues to be weighed down by the cost of debt it took on to make investments in 3G spectrum in India and to acquire the African operations of Zain.
An Indian government report has recommended that interception of telephone calls by government agencies should be limited to situations when there is a "public emergency" or "public safety" is at stake.
Potential changes to wireless data services for very small business in the United Arab Emirates will affect the entire industry and not just BlackBerry services, Research In Motion said Saturday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSystems AdministratorSA