In an effort to balance the U.S. government's books, some Republicans have proposed taking US$1billion from a fund that subsidizes rural telephone and broadband service and using it to reduce the government's budget deficit.
Mumbai's mobile networks were choked with traffic soon after terrorist blasts late Wednesday, preventing even the chief minister of the state from communicating with other officials.
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
The controversy over India's demand that it be allowed to monitor online and mobile communications resurfaced again on Wednesday, with an Indian minister telling reporters that the government had asked Skype, Google, and several other companies to gi...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has proposed new rules designed to make it more difficult for telephone carriers and other companies to insert mystery fees onto customers' phone bills.
India's top investigation agency, Central Bureau of Investigation, told the country's Supreme Court on Wednesday that it is investigating another former telecom minister, Dayanidhi Maran, in connection with alleged irregularities in the working of th...
On June 1, 1991, the first commercial calls over GSM were made in Finland and Sweden, Nokia Siemens and Ericsson noted Friday as they celebrated the anniversary by recollecting the early days of the technology.
New European Union rules came into force on Friday, reducing the cost for consumers of using mobile phones abroad.
India has relaxed some of its security rules for telecommunications operators and equipment suppliers, after earlier rules that required equipment makers to deposit software source code with the government came in for criticism.
Skype has decided not to renew an agreement that allows open-source telephony system Asterisk to be integrated with the service using software developed with Digium.
Kanimozhi Karunanidhi, a high-profile Indian politician and member of Parliament, is likely to be arrested later on Friday, after a special court in Delhi denied her bail in connection with investigations into the irregular allocations of 2G license ...
Microsoft's Skype acquisition will result in voice and video calling blended into lots of existing Microsoft products, but the company also stressed that it'll keep building Skype across other platforms.
Bharti Airtel's profit continues to be weighed down by the cost of debt it took on to make investments in 3G spectrum in India and to acquire the African operations of Zain.
An Indian government report has recommended that interception of telephone calls by government agencies should be limited to situations when there is a "public emergency" or "public safety" is at stake.
Potential changes to wireless data services for very small business in the United Arab Emirates will affect the entire industry and not just BlackBerry services, Research In Motion said Saturday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- IBM applies AI to factory QA
- FCC chairman to announce plans to repeal net neutrality
- Webroot deletes Windows files and causes serious problems for users
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistNSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT