Netflix will begin streaming movies and TV shows to PlayStation 3 consoles in the U.S. from November, it said on Monday.
Internet-enabled TV sets could see wider adoption in the next few years as viewers get comfortable with the idea of running widgets on TV screens, according to a study released by Ernst & Young on Thursday.
Toshiba will soon unveil its first television based on the Cell processor, the same multimedia chip that sits at the heart of the PlayStation 3 games console.
Intel's chips already go into many laptops, but it is now making a play for television sets and cable boxes through a new processor it released on Thursday.
As 3D imaging emerged as a theme at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin, the Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications took the technology a step further and presented its research on 3D gesture control.
Sony will next year launch a television capable of showing 3D images, it said on Wednesday at the IFA electronics fair in Berlin. The TV will be the first step in what is expected to be a big push by the consumer electronics company to popularize 3D ...
Listening to Sun Microsystems heap accolades on its JavaFX multimedia application technology Wednesday evening almost obscured the fact that JavaFX faces quite a battle in the space against the established Adobe Flash and AJAX platforms and Microsoft...
The alpha test version of Boxee's online multimedia software for Windows PCs will be released to the public on June 23, Boxee founder Avner Ronen said Thursday.
The Sony XEL-1 is the company's first OLED television screen. Priced at &6999, it has an 11-inch panel with a resolution of 960x540 — which may not sound impressive — but Sony claims the XEL-1 has better image quality than any existing te...
Toshiba's development of a TV based on the Cell processor is on schedule and due to be launched in about six months, the company said Tuesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has asked for delays in a court case against its wireless "white spaces" decision until after it has reviewed petitions that were filed to the agency itself.
The Pioneer Corporation yesterday announced its intention to shut down any further development of its KURO plasma television line, citing a lack of prospects for improving profitability in the current market conditions.
NEC Australia today announced it will withdraw from the local consumer electronics market to focus on business services in a move that will result in 200 redundancies.
Tuesday saw the release of a 108in LCD television by Sharp Electronics. Destined for commercial enterprises, it has a host of features that make it an enticing product. You could probably order one for your home, but at $169,000 you'll need a lot of ...
When Intel lays out its vision for the future, the chipmaker most often focuses on new uses for its Atom processor, greater mobility and, of course, plans to develop more and more chips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW