Spotify isn't going to let Apple walk all over it, and has secured a new investment round to defend its position in the increasingly competitive streaming music sector.
Several European telcos have come out against a scheme by their fellow operators to block advertising as a maneuver to force Google to share its revenue.
The former Director General of the World Trade Organization is to head up a new group looking at the future use of TV broadcast spectrum across the European Union.
The Swedish Security Service wants direct access to systems used by service providers to collect information on user communications, but the providers are convinced that would be a threat to data privacy.
European operators Vodafone, Telefónica and EE have all started testing LTE-Advanced, and are aiming to offer speeds over 200Mbps. But a lack of devices means commercial services will have to wait.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
More subscribers, networks with better coverage and devices that can be used in more countries are converging to make LTE roaming a more viable proposition, with some operators already offering such services on a limited scale and more on the way.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCProject managerACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA