Spotify isn't going to let Apple walk all over it, and has secured a new investment round to defend its position in the increasingly competitive streaming music sector.
Several European telcos have come out against a scheme by their fellow operators to block advertising as a maneuver to force Google to share its revenue.
The former Director General of the World Trade Organization is to head up a new group looking at the future use of TV broadcast spectrum across the European Union.
The Swedish Security Service wants direct access to systems used by service providers to collect information on user communications, but the providers are convinced that would be a threat to data privacy.
European operators Vodafone, Telefónica and EE have all started testing LTE-Advanced, and are aiming to offer speeds over 200Mbps. But a lack of devices means commercial services will have to wait.
Samsung will head to court on Aug. 25 to defend its right to sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in most of Europe, following a preliminary injunction Apple obtained earlier this week at a court in Düsseldorf.
LTE (Long Term Evolution) has picked up steam in the last few weeks, with operators moving forward and auctions taking place, helping the technology become a global standard.
On June 1, 1991, the first commercial calls over GSM were made in Finland and Sweden, Nokia Siemens and Ericsson noted Friday as they celebrated the anniversary by recollecting the early days of the technology.
TDC, Telenor, TeliaSonera and Three are cooperating on the launch of a digital wallet service based on NFC (Near Field Communications) in Denmark, the operators said on Thursday.
TeliaSonera's 4G network comes out on top when pitched against Three's new HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) network in central Stockholm, with average download speeds at 57.1M bps (bits per second) and 13.7M bps.
On Thursday, operator TeliaSonera's CEO raged against the current cost of surfing using smartphones and laptops via mobile networks when abroad, while reducing what the company charges for data roaming in the Nordic and Baltic countries by about 90 p...
As more LTE (Long Term Evolution) networks go live across the globe, operators have started planning to offer data roaming, and reusing existing spectrum is seen as one of the best chances of getting worldwide coverage, according to speakers at the L...
The number of devices and modules that come equipped with LTE has grown to 98, according to a report from industry organization GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association).
TeliaSonera will use a modem from ZTE to allow users to access its LTE (Long Term Evolution) network using multiple spectrum bands, and in the process open the door for using the network technology in both cities and rural areas, the operator said on...
Four operators will be able to offer mobile broadband in the 800MHz band, which is especially well-suited for rural areas, after a spectrum auction in Sweden, local telecommunications regulator PTS said on Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
- A Raspberry Pi 3 competitor will boast an SSD storage slot
- Adblock Plus can't charge Axel Springer for whitelisting its ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW