Telstra customers will soon be able to access Apple’s new music streaming service for free.
Telstra TV will offer access to the big three streaming video-on-demand (SVOD) services as Telstra looks to cement its place in the competitive market.
Telstra has released a 4G mobile broadband hotspot intended for use in cars.
Telecommunications vendor, Telstra (ASX:TLS), has made public its network investment plans for the financial years 2016 and 2017. They include spending an extra $500 million on improving its mobile network in the next two years.
Wi-Fi aggregator Fon is continuing its mission to cover the world with shared broadband Internet connections, with recent deals giving it a boost. But the U.S. market continues to elude the company.
Telstra will officially launched its national Wi-Fi network on Tuesday, with the telco dubbing the offering ‘Telstra Air’ and revealing that customers will be able to access an international network of wireless hotspots.
Carriers around the world are converging on 2017 as the year to turn off their GSM networks, with three operators in Singapore announcing Monday their plans to reuse their GSM spectrum for other services.
Supermarket chain Woolworths will offer prepaid and broadband plans when it launches Woolworths Connect on June 15.
Woolworths will re-enter the mobile space as a mobile virtual network operator on parts of Telstra’s 3G network.
Optus and Vodafone spokespeople confirmed to Good Gear Guide support for Wi-Fi Calling in Australia is coming, with Optus expected to make the announcement soon in “mid-2015”
Telstra is fending off competition from Optus with the introduction of Internet sharing plans and bundled content packages.
Customers who leave their existing telco to join Virgin Mobile will be rewarded with bonus data.
Pricing for Samsung’s next generation S6 range will start from $999 and reach $1449 when it goes on sale in Australia on 10 April.
Customers buying a Samsung Galaxy S6 from Telstra can bundle the smartphone with plans that offer up to 10GB in data and a free subscription to the video-on-demand service Presto.
Marking Alcatel OneTouch’s return to the Australian market is a smartphone priced below $300 and a circular smartwatch that will be priced under $200.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC