The use of social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google’s YouTube by terrorist groups for propaganda, recruitment, fundraising and other activities has come into sharp focus recently. It seemed inevitable that these companies would at some point...
The U.S. and its allies should be concerned about cyberattacks from ISIS-affiliated groups, but the hackers are poorly organized and likely underfunded, at least in the short term, according to a new report.
Data security and breach prevention ranks low as a risk factor for most big technical companies, according to new research that identifies the most widespread concerns among the 100 largest U.S. public technology companies. The research, released by ...
A U.S. Transport Security Administration analyst has been indicted with tampering with databases used by the TSA to identify possible terrorists who may be trying to fly in the U.S.
Europe's Council of Ministers extended a controversial program on Monday that hands over information on international financial transactions to the U.S. for antiterrorism purposes.
The pager message is from a woman near a pay phone near 38th Street in New York City on Sept. 11, 2001. The woman says her children were evacuated, but she's trying to find them. She tells her husband she loves him.
An Italian magistrate has issued an international arrest warrant for a Filipino hacker suspected of causing millions of dollars of losses to telecommunications multinationals, and Italian police have arrested five Pakistani nationals accused of explo...
Hackers trying to trick users into downloading the Waledac Trojan are customizing their bait to the recipient's location, a security researcher said Tuesday, upping the social engineering ante yet again.
A new breed of terrorists are using online forums to recruit people who align themselves with the mission of Al Qaeda, creating global networks of would-be terrorists who pose a growing threat, a senior cyberterrorist researcher warned this week.
The terrorists that attacked various locations in south Mumbai last week used digital maps from Google Earth to learn their way around, according to officials investigating the attacks.
Bloggers pitched in offering information and other help to people worldwide as Indian police and commandos battled it out Thursday with armed terrorists in two top hotels and a residential complex in south Mumbai.
The kind of pattern-seeking data mining and behavioral surveillance technologies that are being used by several federal agencies to identify potential terrorists are far too unreliable to be of any real value, according to a report issued by the US N...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPICT Support Analyst (level 1 & 2)SA
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCSenior Business Project Manager Financial PlanningVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW