The use of social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google’s YouTube by terrorist groups for propaganda, recruitment, fundraising and other activities has come into sharp focus recently. It seemed inevitable that these companies would at some point...
The U.S. and its allies should be concerned about cyberattacks from ISIS-affiliated groups, but the hackers are poorly organized and likely underfunded, at least in the short term, according to a new report.
Data security and breach prevention ranks low as a risk factor for most big technical companies, according to new research that identifies the most widespread concerns among the 100 largest U.S. public technology companies. The research, released by ...
A U.S. Transport Security Administration analyst has been indicted with tampering with databases used by the TSA to identify possible terrorists who may be trying to fly in the U.S.
Europe's Council of Ministers extended a controversial program on Monday that hands over information on international financial transactions to the U.S. for antiterrorism purposes.
The pager message is from a woman near a pay phone near 38th Street in New York City on Sept. 11, 2001. The woman says her children were evacuated, but she's trying to find them. She tells her husband she loves him.
An Italian magistrate has issued an international arrest warrant for a Filipino hacker suspected of causing millions of dollars of losses to telecommunications multinationals, and Italian police have arrested five Pakistani nationals accused of explo...
Hackers trying to trick users into downloading the Waledac Trojan are customizing their bait to the recipient's location, a security researcher said Tuesday, upping the social engineering ante yet again.
A new breed of terrorists are using online forums to recruit people who align themselves with the mission of Al Qaeda, creating global networks of would-be terrorists who pose a growing threat, a senior cyberterrorist researcher warned this week.
The terrorists that attacked various locations in south Mumbai last week used digital maps from Google Earth to learn their way around, according to officials investigating the attacks.
Bloggers pitched in offering information and other help to people worldwide as Indian police and commandos battled it out Thursday with armed terrorists in two top hotels and a residential complex in south Mumbai.
The kind of pattern-seeking data mining and behavioral surveillance technologies that are being used by several federal agencies to identify potential terrorists are far too unreliable to be of any real value, according to a report issued by the US N...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW