A new study by the Highway Loss Data Institute indicates that laws preventing motorists from texting or using handheld cell phones while driving haven't led to a large drop in the number of vehicle crashes.
You obviously don't need to be told that texting and driving are two complex tasks that don’t mix well. But a new study by University of Utah researchers sheds light on why and finds that this activity is even more dangerous than talking on a cell ph...
A dramatic Web-based video depicting four deaths caused by a young driver who was texting at the wheel has provoked a debate over the best ways to curb distracted driving in the U.S.
Drivers of heavy trucks who were texting while driving were at a 23 times greater risk of a crash or near crash than those who were not, the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute reported last night.
For two days we've been treated to report after report about 15-year-old Alexa Longueira, who last week fell into an open manhole while walking around texting instead of paying attention to her surroundings. Yes, texting can be dangerous.
Banning texting while driving is such a no-brainer that it's hard to believe there is even a discussion. States may say they have better things to do, but when the feds threaten to cut off highway funding they'll find the time. Good for the feds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT