The U.S. debt reduction deadlock in Congress is already taking a toll on how much companies are spending on property, buildings and equipment, including computer hardware and software, according to a new survey by ChangeWave Research.
The 451 Group
Hewlett-Packard's move this week to buy Fortify software focuses attention on the increasingly important, but still mostly underutilized category of application security products, security experts say.
Apple's iPad tablet could be an attractive business tool, but it lacks security and manageability features that enterprises need, analysts said on Wednesday.
Microsoft has acquired systems management vendor Opalis Software for about $60 million, according to an analyst report.
A venerable New Year's tradition in the tech world entails trotting out year-old predictions by analyst shops and laughing at their off-base prognostications. But here's a surprise: The two biggest analyst firms still standing -- Gartner and IDC -- d...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD