In case you needed another reason to uninstall Adobe Flash, we've got one: It can drag down your PC by as much as 80 percent. Yes, 80 percent. So not only is Adobe Flash incredibly unsafe, it's a memory hog. And we've got the numbers to prove it.
Hackers are circulating credentials for thousands of FTP sites and appear to have compromised file transfer servers at The New York Times and other organizations, according to a security expert.
It's perhaps unfathomable for diehard Windows Phone users, but Nokia had once considered going the way of Android before Microsoft bought it out.
Twitter, The New York Times and other prominent websites were struck by a powerful cyberattack that continued affecting other websites into Tuesday evening, directing visitors to a site purportedly controlled by the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA).
The website of The New York Times went offline Wednesday morning owing to an unspecified server issue.
Motorola sparked more questions than answers this week when it hyped the upcoming Moto X as "the first smartphone you can design yourself" in a full-page newspaper ad previewed by Ad Age.
The Wall Street Journal said Thursday it had been targeted by hackers trying to monitor the newspaper's coverage of China, less than a day after a similar revelation from its competitor The New York Times.
Apple iPhone 4S users can easily annoy people around them by talking to their handset when using the built-in assistant feature known as Siri.
While the Netherlands is primarily known for windmills, tulips and legalized marijuana, it could soon be known for its net neutrality regulations as well.
The recent online intrusion into International Monetary Fund servers may have been the work of malicious hackers working for a foreign government, according to online reports.
While debate <a href="http://m.cacm.acm.org/magazines/2011/6/108663-scalable-sql/fulltext">rages on</a> over the value of nonrelational, or NoSQL, databases, two case studies presented at a New York conference this week point to the benefits of using...
An analyst's open letter to Nokia's CEO, a former Microsoft executive, has triggered intense speculation that the Finnish phone maker will adopt Windows Phone 7 as the firmware for at least some of its struggling smartphone line.
Professed White Hat hackers face federal criminal charges for grabbing the e-mail addresses of 114,000 AT&T 3G customers who use iPads.
BP ignored the advice of safety critical software in an attempt to save time before the disastrous Gulf of Mexico oil spill, according to a presentation slide prepared by US investigators.
The advent of online coupons has made shopping and saving that much easier. In an earlier era, people spent their Sunday mornings clipping coupons out of the newspaper. Now, you can download coupons from dedicated sites like Coupons.com or Ebates.com...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC