After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
A lopsided vote in the U.S. House of Representatives this week to rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet won muted praise, with many supporters calling on Congress to take stronger action.
A coalition of digital rights groups and Internet companies has launched a campaign, called Reset the Net, to encourage Web users and Internet companies to take measures to use surveillance-resistant privacy tools.
Privacy and digital rights groups are overstating the privacy concerns in a controversial cyberthreat information bill introduced this week in the U.S. Congress, the bill's sponsors and leaders of some business groups said.
As a new session of the U.S. Congress convenes in early 2013, don't expect lawmakers to rush out a new version of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) or the Protect IP Act (PIPA).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperWA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW