A Cray supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory has regained the title of the world's most powerful supercomputer, overtaking the installation that was ranked at the top in June, while China entered the Top 10 with a hybrid Intel-AMD system.
The increasing power of supercomputers has gone from gee-whiz to ho-hum. IBM, with its petaflop-exceeding Roadrunner, seems to maintain a near permanent position on the Top500 supercomputer list, and it may be a longtime before it gives up the crown.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD