A Cray supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory has regained the title of the world's most powerful supercomputer, overtaking the installation that was ranked at the top in June, while China entered the Top 10 with a hybrid Intel-AMD system.
The increasing power of supercomputers has gone from gee-whiz to ho-hum. IBM, with its petaflop-exceeding Roadrunner, seems to maintain a near permanent position on the Top500 supercomputer list, and it may be a longtime before it gives up the crown.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT