Researchers have developed a new technique that could allow attackers to determine with a high degree of accuracy which Tor websites users are accessing and where those websites are hosted.
Mozilla has dusted off some decommissioned servers and networking gear and used them to set up high-speed relays on the Tor anonymity network.
The Tor project said it could face attempts to incapacitate its network in the next few days through the seizure of specialized servers.
Certificate authority DigiCert is considering issuing SSL certificates to more Tor .onion address owners after recently providing Facebook with one.
The Tor Project has flagged 380 Tor relays vulnerable to the critical Heartbleed flaw to be rejected from the Tor anonymity network, reducing the network's entry and exit capacity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC