Microsoft is busy at work on a new tablet computer design, a product that may arrive from one or more of its hardware partners in "not a heck of a long time," CEO Steve Ballmer told analysts on Thursday.
Worldwide mobile memory revenue is expected to grow by close to 50 per cent this year on increased smartphone shipments, research firm iSuppli said on Friday.
Samsung Electronics and Toshiba on Wednesday said they plan to push for a new specification meant to speed up the flow of data in NAND flash memory, used to store data in products from iPads and iPhones to SSDs (solid state drives) used in PCs and da...
Toshiba and SanDisk announced on Wednesday a new joint venture agreement for an advanced NAND flash memory chip factory in Yokkaichi, Japan, meant to keep ahead of burgeoning demand for the NAND flash chips to store songs, photos and other digital da...
Toshiba Corp. announced today that it has started construction on a new NAND flash chip fabrication facility - dubbed Fab 5 -- at its Yokkaichi City Operations in Japan. The facility, a joing venture with long-time business partner SanDisk Corp., wil...
As PC makers expand their lines to include 3D laptops, analysts say these offerings are likely to interest mostly gamers, with broad adoption stymied by a dearth of content, hardware limitations and hefty prices.
Toshiba will sell a modified version of Intel's Classmate convertible laptop in Japan, the company said Thursday.
The new Toshiba Libretto W100 looks like an impressive system that will appeal to companies with workers in the field and on the road. It's a handy little device (7.95 x 4.84 x 1.2 inches weighing in at 1.8 pounds) that could easily replace many orga...
Toshiba has spent the last 25 years refining the basic laptop design of flat screen, x86 processor, full-size keyboard and removable storage. Its Portege R700 will continue that tradition when it goes on sale next quarter, but two other new portable ...
Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. today announced plans to ship a 128GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity available for smart phones, tablet PCs and digital video cameras.
Toshiba is set to become the first PC maker to put a 3D-capable Blu-ray Disc laptop on sale, it said Monday.
European antitrust regulators fined nine semiconductor manufacturers more than €331 million (US$404 million) on Wednesday following a years-long investigation into price fixing in the market for DRAM memory chips.
Toshiba will take its first step towards mass production of a new generation of memory chips later this year when it begins construction of a new factory in Japan.
Toshiba managed to recover from deep losses of two years ago and moved close to break-even in the year to March, it said Friday. The company reported smaller losses or better profits at all of its key business units despite an across-the-board drop i...
Toshiba has cut by more than half the amount of money it expects to have lost in the financial year just ended.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- GoPro Hero4 Session review: enduring the unforgiving New Zealand terrain
- Cisco's pay package for CEO Robbins is a sweet deal
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults
- Researchers improve de-anonymization attacks for websites hiding on Tor
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC