Toshiba is the latest laptop vendor to fall victim to overheating technology. The recall of approximately 41,000 laptops resulting from more than 100 reports of melting laptop cases and minor injuries follows similar issues and recalls from other lap...
The U.S. and Canadian governments this week said that Toshiba is voluntarily recalling some Satellite laptops for posing a burn hazard to customers.
Canon decided on Tuesday to liquidate a subsidiary developing a flat-panel display technology called SED, effectively bringing to an end once high hopes that the screens would replace LCD panels and plasma displays in living room TVs.
Toshiba will detail a breakthrough in data storage later Wednesday that it says paves the way for hard drives with vastly higher capacity than today.
Toshiba on Tuesday introduced a new hard drive feature that can wipe out data after the storage devices are powered down.
Microsoft is busy at work on a new tablet computer design, a product that may arrive from one or more of its hardware partners in "not a heck of a long time," CEO Steve Ballmer told analysts on Thursday.
Worldwide mobile memory revenue is expected to grow by close to 50 per cent this year on increased smartphone shipments, research firm iSuppli said on Friday.
Samsung Electronics and Toshiba on Wednesday said they plan to push for a new specification meant to speed up the flow of data in NAND flash memory, used to store data in products from iPads and iPhones to SSDs (solid state drives) used in PCs and da...
Toshiba and SanDisk announced on Wednesday a new joint venture agreement for an advanced NAND flash memory chip factory in Yokkaichi, Japan, meant to keep ahead of burgeoning demand for the NAND flash chips to store songs, photos and other digital da...
Toshiba Corp. announced today that it has started construction on a new NAND flash chip fabrication facility - dubbed Fab 5 -- at its Yokkaichi City Operations in Japan. The facility, a joing venture with long-time business partner SanDisk Corp., wil...
As PC makers expand their lines to include 3D laptops, analysts say these offerings are likely to interest mostly gamers, with broad adoption stymied by a dearth of content, hardware limitations and hefty prices.
Toshiba will sell a modified version of Intel's Classmate convertible laptop in Japan, the company said Thursday.
The new Toshiba Libretto W100 looks like an impressive system that will appeal to companies with workers in the field and on the road. It's a handy little device (7.95 x 4.84 x 1.2 inches weighing in at 1.8 pounds) that could easily replace many orga...
Toshiba has spent the last 25 years refining the basic laptop design of flat screen, x86 processor, full-size keyboard and removable storage. Its Portege R700 will continue that tradition when it goes on sale next quarter, but two other new portable ...
Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. today announced plans to ship a 128GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity available for smart phones, tablet PCs and digital video cameras.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New DMA Locker ransomware is ramping up for widespread attacks
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW