After some 15 years of half-hearted efforts, misguided designs, and broken promises, the age of the tablet is dawning at last.
Just when it appears Android 2.2 is ready to leap from smartphones to tablets, Google steps up and casts aspersions on its mobile operating system - at least for now.
Toshiba is the latest laptop vendor to fall victim to overheating technology. The recall of approximately 41,000 laptops resulting from more than 100 reports of melting laptop cases and minor injuries follows similar issues and recalls from other lap...
The U.S. and Canadian governments this week said that Toshiba is voluntarily recalling some Satellite laptops for posing a burn hazard to customers.
Canon decided on Tuesday to liquidate a subsidiary developing a flat-panel display technology called SED, effectively bringing to an end once high hopes that the screens would replace LCD panels and plasma displays in living room TVs.
Toshiba will detail a breakthrough in data storage later Wednesday that it says paves the way for hard drives with vastly higher capacity than today.
Toshiba on Tuesday introduced a new hard drive feature that can wipe out data after the storage devices are powered down.
Microsoft is busy at work on a new tablet computer design, a product that may arrive from one or more of its hardware partners in "not a heck of a long time," CEO Steve Ballmer told analysts on Thursday.
Worldwide mobile memory revenue is expected to grow by close to 50 per cent this year on increased smartphone shipments, research firm iSuppli said on Friday.
Samsung Electronics and Toshiba on Wednesday said they plan to push for a new specification meant to speed up the flow of data in NAND flash memory, used to store data in products from iPads and iPhones to SSDs (solid state drives) used in PCs and da...
Toshiba and SanDisk announced on Wednesday a new joint venture agreement for an advanced NAND flash memory chip factory in Yokkaichi, Japan, meant to keep ahead of burgeoning demand for the NAND flash chips to store songs, photos and other digital da...
Toshiba Corp. announced today that it has started construction on a new NAND flash chip fabrication facility - dubbed Fab 5 -- at its Yokkaichi City Operations in Japan. The facility, a joing venture with long-time business partner SanDisk Corp., wil...
As PC makers expand their lines to include 3D laptops, analysts say these offerings are likely to interest mostly gamers, with broad adoption stymied by a dearth of content, hardware limitations and hefty prices.
Toshiba will sell a modified version of Intel's Classmate convertible laptop in Japan, the company said Thursday.
The new Toshiba Libretto W100 looks like an impressive system that will appeal to companies with workers in the field and on the road. It's a handy little device (7.95 x 4.84 x 1.2 inches weighing in at 1.8 pounds) that could easily replace many orga...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperVIC
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW