Its hands are a tad too rubbery and you won't mistake it for a human, but an android from Toshiba can effectively mimic a sign language interpreter.
Toshiba is eyeing the smart glasses market. The company is showing a prototype pair of glasses at the Ceatec trade show in Japan this week, and while they might not edge Google Glass out of the market, they should be a bit cheaper.
In another sign of the decline of the PC, Toshiba is cutting its PC workforce by about 900 people and sales bases by more than half.
When you're competing for the attention of almost a quarter of a million visitors, it helps to have a gimmick or two. The big names of the consumer electronics industry know this and each year at Germany's IFA electronics show, they try to outdo each...
Toshiba has developed a new image sensor for smartphones and tablets that promises better image resolution for run-of-the-mill smartphones when it goes into mass production.
Toshiba has started shipping an 8-megapixel camera sensor for mobile devices that promises to shoot high-quality, slow-motion videos.
Storage has always affected how fast software runs, but IT shops now have more tools they can bring to bear on the problem.
PC convertibles are not new, but Toshiba is releasing one that can change into seven different forms, thanks to its attachable keyboard and a 360-degree hinge.
AMD has cornered the gaming market as Sony’s PS4 and the Xbox One use its processors. Now the company is taking advantage of this gaming experience with its Kaveri range of processors.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
Partners Toshiba and SanDisk have developed 15-nanometer process technology for NAND flash memory widely used in smartphones and tablets.
Dell, Toshiba, Acer, Lenovo and ASUS battle it out for supremacy in the market for low-cost tablets pre-installed with Microsoft Office
One of the first laptops with a 4K screen will go on sale from Toshiba for US$1,499.99 next week.
If you're worried about being out of shape, or suspect you might have a disease like diabetes, just breathe into this Toshiba tube.
A former SK Hynix employee is at the center of a brewing legal battle between top flash memory rivals after allegedly stealing trade secrets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC