First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
The Toshiba Encore is an 8in tablet that runs the full version of Microsoft's Windows 8.1 operating system
A good all-round, home entertainment based notebook, but it does have a few issues
A slim and attractive external hard drive that's a great companion for an Ultrabook
Toshiba's KIRA offers everything we want in an Ultrabook, we just wish it wasn't so loud
A 17.3in notebook with lots of style and plenty of speed, but it could use improvements in some areas
Toshiba's 14in touchscreen notebook has lots of storage space and good performance, but falls short in a few key areas
The Satellite L850 is a good all-rounder, but it's perhaps a little too expensive for what it is
This Windows 8 hybrid Ultrabook is a tablet that can be transformed into a laptop thanks to a sliding screen mechanism
Toshiba Tablet (AT100) review: A 10.1in Android tablet with full sized HDMI and USB ports, and a removable battery
Toshiba Regza 46WL700A review: An LED TV that can do 3D but lacks built-in Web features
Toshiba NB550 netbook review: AMD Fusion-powered netbook with HDMI port
Toshiba Satellite A660/07R (PSAW3A-07R00R) review: A 3D gaming notebook for early adopters
Toshiba Portege R700 (PT311A-00J00Q) review: A thin and light 13.3in laptop with great performance
Toshiba Satellite Pro U500 (PSU9NA-00600N) review: A great little business laptop, but it could use better battery life
A cheap but disappointing Toshiba notebook
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Play screens on LG Smart TVs
- Russian-speaking group offers bulletproof hosting in Syria, Lebanon
- HP hits restart on 'converged systems,' takes aim at vBlock
- 3 reasons bitcoins aren't in your wallet yet
- Employers receptive to hiring IT job candidates with MOOC educations
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 3 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 4 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- TabletsView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »