The company is exploring a more interactive MacBook with the new Touch Bar, but don't expect a fully touch-enabled Mac.
A manufacturing defect is making iPhone touchscreens unresponsive—and Apple has yet to give us an official solution.
Want to create a smart home terminal with a Raspberry Pi and a good touchscreen? The Raspberry Pi Foundation just made that project a teensy bit easier.
LG announced on Monday that it will introduce a thinner and lighter touch LCD for 14- and 15.6-inch laptops later in 2015. The new display uses LG's Advanced In-Cell Touch (AIT) technology, which achieves extra thinness by embedding the touch capabil...
Pixel Qi, a display start-up that's generating buzz with a laptop screen that works well under indoor and outdoor lighting, showed off prototype touchpanel versions of the new display on Tuesday.
More than half of PCs purchased for use by under 15s in 2015 will have touchscreen, says <a href="http://www.gartner.com">Gartner</a>.
Acer on Wednesday announced its Aspire Ethos laptops, which incorporate a secondary touch screen that doubles as a touchpad to help navigate multimedia content.
Apple's patent karma is balancing as one tech company sues to block the iPad and other multi-touch Apple products from the United States.
Sales of mobile devices equipped with touch screens are set to boom worldwide, according a report published by research firm Gartner.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday launched its first mainstream business laptop with a touchscreen, but said it would be cautious in bringing touch technology to its existing business laptop lines.
Nokia is upping the ante against rivals such as Apple and Google with its preview of the upcoming iteration of Symbian OS (V3) for touchscreen devices. The upgraded mobile operating system is expected sometime next year, together with a bunch of new ...
Motorola’s venture capital arm invested an undisclosed amount in a company that it believes represents the future of touch-based user interfaces.
Touchscreen mobile phone adoption in the US has shown a significant 159 percent growth rate during the past year to 23.8 million users in August 2009.
Hewlett-Packard sees businesses in the future adopting touchscreens, but the technology needs further development to be an alternative to keyboards and mice in corporate environments, a company executive said.
Touch screens have changed the way people use mobile phones dramatically. But gesture controls, augmented reality and larger screen sizes are about to change habits even more, according to mobile interface expert Christian Lindholm.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Moore's Law lives on with speedy 7-nm mobile chips coming in 2018
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperOther