Waverly Labs has opened a wildly popular crowdfunding campaign for a wireless earpiece that, when worn by two people speaking different languages, uses speech recognition technology to translate a conversation in real time.
Online translators are getting better, but there's still room for improvement. Researchers are now contributing new artificial intelligence techniques that could help accurately build full sentences.
Instant speech translation, a longtime dream of science-fiction writers, is already feasible in certain situations, vendors said at the Mobile Voice Conference in San Francisco on Thursday.
Travellers in or from East Asia may soon be able to turn to their cell phones for quick, easy and cheap translation help thanks to a new application from Toshiba.
Researchers at IBM say they have created smart software that that translates text between English and 11 other languages including Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French, Italian, Russian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Arabic.
The first iterations of something akin to the universal translators used on <em>Star Trek</em> may soon be arriving via your smartphone.
Google has brought out a translator toolkit that combines the company's machine translation technology with online tools for manually editing content.
Gmail users can now automatically translate messages they receive into 41 languages, Google <a href="http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-in-labs-automatic-message.html">announced</a> Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
- Google’s Sundar Pichai has been hacked - which CEO will be next?
- EU is preparing adwords antitrust complaint against Google
- Bart ransomware shows it can be effective without sophisticated encryption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT