Multiple cyberespionage groups are specifically targeting government and military organizations from countries in Asia and the Pacific region with the goal of gathering geo-political intelligence, according to new security research.
In the latest attack involving malicious advertisements, hackers managed to launch Flash Player exploits against the visitors of several popular porn websites.
A suspected malicious advertising attack turned out to be a much deeper compromise of an online advertising company, according to Trend Micro.
Even though its activities were exposed last year, a cyberespionage group dubbed Pawn Storm has ramped up its efforts over the past few months, targeting NATO members and potentially the White House.
Israeli institutions have been targeted by an Arab-speaking hacker group that sought to extract sensitive documents, according to Trend Micro.
A team of hackers that target governments, the military and journalists has turned its attention to the iPhone, according to Trend Micro.
Adobe Systems warned users that hackers are exploiting another unpatched vulnerability in Flash Player -- the third one in the past month -- to infect computers with malware.
Microsoft says German speakers are being targeted by a new variant of a powerful type of malware that steals online banking credentials.
The destructive malware program that the FBI alerted some companies about this week was likely used against Sony Pictures Entertainment, according to technical evidence found by researchers in the program's code.
Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
A security researcher came across what appears to be a new family of point-of-sale malware that few antivirus programs were detecting.
Attacks that exploit the Shellshock vulnerabilities recently patched in the Bash Unix deliver a malware program that tries to compromise systems running BusyBox, a collection of Unix utilities typically used on embedded devices like routers.
Adobe Systems released critical security updates Tuesday for Flash Player to address 18 vulnerabilities, many of which can be remotely exploited to compromise underlying systems.
A recent piece of malware that aims to steal your online banking credentials revives a decade-old technique to install itself on your PC.
A cyberespionage group has been using advanced spear-phishing techniques to steal email log-in credentials from the employees of military agencies, embassies, defense contractors and international media outlets that use Office 365's Outlook Web App.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT