An Italian court has overturned a €500,000 (US$550,000) fine imposed last December on the online travel company TripAdvisor for allegedly publishing misleading information in its reviews.
If the waiter was rude, your hotel room dirty or the plumber sloppy, you should be able to say so online without fear of getting slapped with a lawsuit.
Italy's Antitrust Authority has imposed a €500,000 (US$609,000) fine on TripAdvisor, the travel planning website, following complaints of unfair business practices by a national hoteliers' association and a consumer protection organization.
Hotel reservation site Booking.com has offered to settle antitrust cases brought against it in Sweden, France and Italy, and on Monday antitrust authorities invited hotels to give their views on the settlement.
TripaAdvisor, Expedia and Booking.com are under investigation by the Italian Competition Authority.
Eleven complainants sent an open letter to European Union's Competition Commissioner Joaquín Almunia urging him to formally charge Google with breaching competition law.
Facebook's new Graph Search tool is not the formidable competitor to Google or Yelp that some industry watchers have made it out to be in the aftermath of Tuesday's announcement of the early stage product. At least, not yet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT