An Italian court has overturned a €500,000 (US$550,000) fine imposed last December on the online travel company TripAdvisor for allegedly publishing misleading information in its reviews.
If the waiter was rude, your hotel room dirty or the plumber sloppy, you should be able to say so online without fear of getting slapped with a lawsuit.
Italy's Antitrust Authority has imposed a €500,000 (US$609,000) fine on TripAdvisor, the travel planning website, following complaints of unfair business practices by a national hoteliers' association and a consumer protection organization.
Hotel reservation site Booking.com has offered to settle antitrust cases brought against it in Sweden, France and Italy, and on Monday antitrust authorities invited hotels to give their views on the settlement.
TripaAdvisor, Expedia and Booking.com are under investigation by the Italian Competition Authority.
Eleven complainants sent an open letter to European Union's Competition Commissioner Joaquín Almunia urging him to formally charge Google with breaching competition law.
Facebook's new Graph Search tool is not the formidable competitor to Google or Yelp that some industry watchers have made it out to be in the aftermath of Tuesday's announcement of the early stage product. At least, not yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's open sourcing of .NET hits a major milestone
- Qualcomm wants to bring LTE to more IoT devices
- HPE's CTO is leaving amid more change at the company
- Red Hat polishes JBoss EAP for a cloud-native future
- Google’s Sundar Pichai has been hacked - which CEO will be next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT