Italy's Antitrust Authority has imposed a €500,000 (US$609,000) fine on TripAdvisor, the travel planning website, following complaints of unfair business practices by a national hoteliers' association and a consumer protection organization.
Hotel reservation site Booking.com has offered to settle antitrust cases brought against it in Sweden, France and Italy, and on Monday antitrust authorities invited hotels to give their views on the settlement.
TripaAdvisor, Expedia and Booking.com are under investigation by the Italian Competition Authority.
Eleven complainants sent an open letter to European Union's Competition Commissioner Joaquín Almunia urging him to formally charge Google with breaching competition law.
Facebook's new Graph Search tool is not the formidable competitor to Google or Yelp that some industry watchers have made it out to be in the aftermath of Tuesday's announcement of the early stage product. At least, not yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple Watch to go on sale in March, claims analyst
- AT&T to acquire Nextel Mexico assets for $1.9 billion
- Facebook in Turkey ordered to block material insulting Prophet Muhammad
- Motorola returns to China, touts phone customization
- Modular smartphones could be reused as computer clusters
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.