Figuring out what's wrong with a balky computer takes a bit of detective work -- but with our advice, you can solve the mystery in no time at all.
Building a PC is a little like walking a tightrope without a net. Okay, it's not quite that dangerous, but unlike buying an off-the-shelf system, you have to be your own tech support staff.
So I’ve had three main projects over the past few months: build a new test rig, get a Virtual Reality rig set up and test the latest bunch of MU-MIMO routers. Has any of it worked first time? Of course not.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO Quality Officer - Major NSW GovernmentNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD