Locky, a new family of ransomware that emerged in the last few weeks, has quickly made a mark for itself.
A revised patch has been released for a flaw in the distribution platform for Ruby applications, RubyGems, which could be used to deliver malware to someone trying to download a program.
The data breach landscape could look very different in the future with the increased adoption of chip-enabled payment cards in North America -- but for now point-of-sale systems account for the majority of breaches there, compared to a tiny minority ...
Cybercriminals are targeting employees who browse the Web or check their email from point-of-sale (PoS) computers, a risky but unfortunately common practice.
A botnet designed for Web advertising fraud was also used to nudge up the number of views of some pro-Russian videos on the website DailyMotion, according to security vendor Trustwave.
SAP patched a flaw on Thursday that could allow an attacker to take complete control over a database, according to security vendor Trustwave.
Point-of-Sale (PoS) terminals have become an attractive target for hackers over the past year, reflected in the increasing number of RAM-scraping programs that steal payment card information from the memory of such systems.
Microsoft to show next Office apps... Intel shrinks RealSense 3D camera for phones... U.S. drug agency started bulk records collection in 1992... and more tech news.
SingTel will acquire TrustWave Holdings, the largest U.S. independent provider of managed security services, for $810 million, the companies said on Tuesday.
The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
For the past several months, different groups of attackers have distributed malware through Microsoft Office documents that contain malicious macros, reviving a technique that has been out of style for over a decade.
A malware program dubbed Spark that steals payment card data from compromised point-of-sale (POS) systems is likely a modification of an older Trojan called Alina, and highlights a continuing, lucrative business for cybercriminals.
A security researcher has developed a tool to demonstrate how the unauthenticated data packets in the 802.11 wireless LAN protocol can be used as a covert channel to control malware on an infected computer.
Users who are careful to download files only from trusted websites may be tricked by a new type of Web vulnerability: this one cons them into downloading malicious executable files that are not actually hosted where they appear to be.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW