Locky, a new family of ransomware that emerged in the last few weeks, has quickly made a mark for itself.
A revised patch has been released for a flaw in the distribution platform for Ruby applications, RubyGems, which could be used to deliver malware to someone trying to download a program.
The data breach landscape could look very different in the future with the increased adoption of chip-enabled payment cards in North America -- but for now point-of-sale systems account for the majority of breaches there, compared to a tiny minority ...
Cybercriminals are targeting employees who browse the Web or check their email from point-of-sale (PoS) computers, a risky but unfortunately common practice.
A botnet designed for Web advertising fraud was also used to nudge up the number of views of some pro-Russian videos on the website DailyMotion, according to security vendor Trustwave.
SAP patched a flaw on Thursday that could allow an attacker to take complete control over a database, according to security vendor Trustwave.
Point-of-Sale (PoS) terminals have become an attractive target for hackers over the past year, reflected in the increasing number of RAM-scraping programs that steal payment card information from the memory of such systems.
Microsoft to show next Office apps... Intel shrinks RealSense 3D camera for phones... U.S. drug agency started bulk records collection in 1992... and more tech news.
SingTel will acquire TrustWave Holdings, the largest U.S. independent provider of managed security services, for $810 million, the companies said on Tuesday.
The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
For the past several months, different groups of attackers have distributed malware through Microsoft Office documents that contain malicious macros, reviving a technique that has been out of style for over a decade.
A malware program dubbed Spark that steals payment card data from compromised point-of-sale (POS) systems is likely a modification of an older Trojan called Alina, and highlights a continuing, lucrative business for cybercriminals.
A security researcher has developed a tool to demonstrate how the unauthenticated data packets in the 802.11 wireless LAN protocol can be used as a covert channel to control malware on an infected computer.
Users who are careful to download files only from trusted websites may be tricked by a new type of Web vulnerability: this one cons them into downloading malicious executable files that are not actually hosted where they appear to be.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA