Locky, a new family of ransomware that emerged in the last few weeks, has quickly made a mark for itself.
A revised patch has been released for a flaw in the distribution platform for Ruby applications, RubyGems, which could be used to deliver malware to someone trying to download a program.
The data breach landscape could look very different in the future with the increased adoption of chip-enabled payment cards in North America -- but for now point-of-sale systems account for the majority of breaches there, compared to a tiny minority ...
Cybercriminals are targeting employees who browse the Web or check their email from point-of-sale (PoS) computers, a risky but unfortunately common practice.
A botnet designed for Web advertising fraud was also used to nudge up the number of views of some pro-Russian videos on the website DailyMotion, according to security vendor Trustwave.
SAP patched a flaw on Thursday that could allow an attacker to take complete control over a database, according to security vendor Trustwave.
Point-of-Sale (PoS) terminals have become an attractive target for hackers over the past year, reflected in the increasing number of RAM-scraping programs that steal payment card information from the memory of such systems.
Microsoft to show next Office apps... Intel shrinks RealSense 3D camera for phones... U.S. drug agency started bulk records collection in 1992... and more tech news.
SingTel will acquire TrustWave Holdings, the largest U.S. independent provider of managed security services, for $810 million, the companies said on Tuesday.
The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
A critical vulnerability in glibc, a core Linux library, can be exploited remotely through WordPress and likely other PHP applications to compromise Web servers.
For the past several months, different groups of attackers have distributed malware through Microsoft Office documents that contain malicious macros, reviving a technique that has been out of style for over a decade.
A malware program dubbed Spark that steals payment card data from compromised point-of-sale (POS) systems is likely a modification of an older Trojan called Alina, and highlights a continuing, lucrative business for cybercriminals.
A security researcher has developed a tool to demonstrate how the unauthenticated data packets in the 802.11 wireless LAN protocol can be used as a covert channel to control malware on an infected computer.
Users who are careful to download files only from trusted websites may be tricked by a new type of Web vulnerability: this one cons them into downloading malicious executable files that are not actually hosted where they appear to be.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- White House to data scientists: We need you
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC