Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. posted record earnings in the second quarter, as the company has begun shipping better-performing chips built with its latest 20-nanometer manufacturing process.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. saw net profit for the third quarter rise 5 percent year on year as revenue hit a record, but the chipmaker warned that this could slip later in the year due to a slowdown in demand for high-end smartphones.
Apple is reportedly placing orders with Samsung and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) for the A8 chip, expected to be used in Apple's iPhone 6 in 2014.
Apple has reportedly struck a three-year deal with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and its IC design service partner Global UniChip for the upcoming generations of the A-series chips found in Apple's iPhones and iPads.
iPhone chip round up: Apple's low-cost iPhone to use Qualcomm's Snapdragon mobile system on a chip; Intel could produce chips for Apple, but Apple already designing products based on TSMCs 20-nanometer specifications; Apple hires for chip R&D in Isra...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 2 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 3 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
- 4 Medion Akoya MD99410 (E1232T) touchscreen laptop
- 5 HTC Desire 610 smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Intel pushes factory IoT with $9 million cost savings at plant
- Malware program targets Hong Kong protesters using Apple devices
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Ellison pushes Oracle's new Cloud platform hard, but questions linger
- Shellshock flaw could pose risks to payments industry
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.