LG's LA8600 is the company's top of the line LED TV for 2013
TVs in pictures
The 'little rice' that could
Sharp stopped making its own TVs last year, but HiSense keeps the brand name going with big screens and HDR support.
LG might be correct in hyping this as an "industry first," but we think free software upgrades should be an industry norm.
Samsung Electronics is stepping up its payments push with the launch of a payment service that lets users buy content on some of its newer smart TVs.
With its entry into the market of 4K high definition television sets, Sharp Electronics has elected to use Google's Android TV operating system to run the higher-end models, bringing computer-like functionality to these devices.
For those that don't already suffer from high-definition fatigue, Japanese public broadcaster NHK is developing interactive and mobile technologies to make the idea of 8K video -- the next resolution stage beyond 4K -- more appealing.
Using your smartphone or tablet to control your Tivo box is easy and offers a lot of flexibility in recording shows and channel surfing.
Last month, LG announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen. While it's very much a niche product given its $8999 price tag, we were still keen to see what ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW