Sharp stopped making its own TVs last year, but HiSense keeps the brand name going with big screens and HDR support.
LG might be correct in hyping this as an "industry first," but we think free software upgrades should be an industry norm.
Samsung Electronics is stepping up its payments push with the launch of a payment service that lets users buy content on some of its newer smart TVs.
With its entry into the market of 4K high definition television sets, Sharp Electronics has elected to use Google's Android TV operating system to run the higher-end models, bringing computer-like functionality to these devices.
For those that don't already suffer from high-definition fatigue, Japanese public broadcaster NHK is developing interactive and mobile technologies to make the idea of 8K video -- the next resolution stage beyond 4K -- more appealing.
Samsung is the latest manufacturer to become FreeviewPlus certified. Its range of smart TVs, including its newly released SUHD, 4K models, will allow users to access Catch Up services through the interface of the TV.
Electronics maker Sharp is launching what it believes is the next phase in high-definition TVs with a 4K screen that can display imagery at 8K resolution, seen as the display standard to follow 4K.
Panasonic's 2015 range of LED LCD televisions features over 20 new models that span across eight different series, but four of those series, and indeed 60 per cent of the entire range (11 models), is composed of 4K, Ultra High Definition models.
This year the number of 4K TVs sold around the world will almost triple. Those sales, along with more mature equipment for producing and distributing content, are fueling overall interest in the technology.
LG announced its 2015 television range at an empty Sydney Cricket Ground yesterday. The company unveiled 17 new LCD models that put an emphasis on 4K technology. Up to 66 per cent of its range is now made up of these ultra-high definition (UHD) model...
A complaint filed by a privacy group to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission charged that Samsung's Smart TVs intercept and record private communications of consumers in their homes, violating a number of rules including the Children's Online Privacy Pr...
People can speak freely around Samsung smart TVs without fear that their conversations will be captured and transmitted to a data center, the company has said in response to privacy concerns related to its devices' voice recognition capabilities.
A new standard that supports higher-resolution displays should help move 8K screens from the realm of high-end TV and into laptops, all-in-one PCs and possibly even mobile devices.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
Televisions that can show pictures far superior to today's best high-definition video are making headlines and attracting crowds at this week's Consumer Electronics Show. When they come to market in the next few years, they will likely include a new ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW