Sharp is quadrupling the number of Ultra HD television sets it sells, raising its bet that consumers will want the TVs despite the lack of a large amount of content.
LG's new GFlex 2 smartphone is built in the spirit of flip handsets, with curvy contours to make chatting on the phone more convenient.
LG Electronics' upcoming smart TVs will run an upgraded version of webOS that promises better performance and more customization.
In a bid to spur the market for 4K television sets during the Christmas buying season, Sony is offering customers a portable USB hard drive that contains a selection of 4K movie titles, of which five can be accessed and viewed on your new TV. The thi...
If you aren't ready for 4K TVs yet, you could wait a few more years for the next big thing -- 8K.
Just increasing the resolution to 3840 by 2160 pixels won't be enough to make consumers replace existing TVs with 4K models: Improvements such as higher frame rates and better color reproduction will be equally important, according to two industry ex...
LG is waiting for the right time to exit the plasma TV business, a move that would leave almost no major companies making the flat-screens.
Samsung Electronics will demonstrate new games and Skype group calls for its smart TVs at next month's IFA trade show in Berlin.
The 'little rice' that could
Android TV is Google's latest effort to make inroads into the smart TV market, with a software system that can be embedded into televisions and other devices to stream content.
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
Amazon.com is hoping to convince more European developers to create apps for the Fire TV streaming media player at a developer event in London.
Samsung introduced Monday its first smartphone built around the Tizen operating system, with a TV running the OS planned for next year.
Want to see how that coffee machine looks on your counter before you buy it? A crop of startups see a business in helping you visualize.
Google's annual I/O conference for developers takes place next month in San Francisco, and it looks like wearable computing will hog much of the limelight, along with an emphasis on better design.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW