CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
Televisions that can show pictures far superior to today's best high-definition video are making headlines and attracting crowds at this week's Consumer Electronics Show. When they come to market in the next few years, they will likely include a new ...
The battle for the bragging rights to the world's thinnest TV is always something that comes to the fore at the Consumer Electronics Show, and this year Sony says it has come away with winner with three big-screen sets that are as thin as a few coins...
Sharp is quadrupling the number of Ultra HD television sets it sells, raising its bet that consumers will want the TVs despite the lack of a large amount of content.
LG's new GFlex 2 smartphone is built in the spirit of flip handsets, with curvy contours to make chatting on the phone more convenient.
LG Electronics' upcoming smart TVs will run an upgraded version of webOS that promises better performance and more customization.
In a bid to spur the market for 4K television sets during the Christmas buying season, Sony is offering customers a portable USB hard drive that contains a selection of 4K movie titles, of which five can be accessed and viewed on your new TV. The thi...
If you aren't ready for 4K TVs yet, you could wait a few more years for the next big thing -- 8K.
Just increasing the resolution to 3840 by 2160 pixels won't be enough to make consumers replace existing TVs with 4K models: Improvements such as higher frame rates and better color reproduction will be equally important, according to two industry ex...
LG is waiting for the right time to exit the plasma TV business, a move that would leave almost no major companies making the flat-screens.
Samsung Electronics will demonstrate new games and Skype group calls for its smart TVs at next month's IFA trade show in Berlin.
The 'little rice' that could
Android TV is Google's latest effort to make inroads into the smart TV market, with a software system that can be embedded into televisions and other devices to stream content.
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
Amazon.com is hoping to convince more European developers to create apps for the Fire TV streaming media player at a developer event in London.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC