LG announced its 2015 television range at an empty Sydney Cricket Ground yesterday. The company unveiled 17 new LCD models that put an emphasis on 4K technology. Up to 66 per cent of its range is now made up of these ultra-high definition (UHD) model...
A complaint filed by a privacy group to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission charged that Samsung's Smart TVs intercept and record private communications of consumers in their homes, violating a number of rules including the Children's Online Privacy Pr...
People can speak freely around Samsung smart TVs without fear that their conversations will be captured and transmitted to a data center, the company has said in response to privacy concerns related to its devices' voice recognition capabilities.
A new standard that supports higher-resolution displays should help move 8K screens from the realm of high-end TV and into laptops, all-in-one PCs and possibly even mobile devices.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
Televisions that can show pictures far superior to today's best high-definition video are making headlines and attracting crowds at this week's Consumer Electronics Show. When they come to market in the next few years, they will likely include a new ...
The battle for the bragging rights to the world's thinnest TV is always something that comes to the fore at the Consumer Electronics Show, and this year Sony says it has come away with winner with three big-screen sets that are as thin as a few coins...
Sharp is quadrupling the number of Ultra HD television sets it sells, raising its bet that consumers will want the TVs despite the lack of a large amount of content.
LG's new GFlex 2 smartphone is built in the spirit of flip handsets, with curvy contours to make chatting on the phone more convenient.
LG Electronics' upcoming smart TVs will run an upgraded version of webOS that promises better performance and more customization.
In a bid to spur the market for 4K television sets during the Christmas buying season, Sony is offering customers a portable USB hard drive that contains a selection of 4K movie titles, of which five can be accessed and viewed on your new TV. The thi...
If you aren't ready for 4K TVs yet, you could wait a few more years for the next big thing -- 8K.
Just increasing the resolution to 3840 by 2160 pixels won't be enough to make consumers replace existing TVs with 4K models: Improvements such as higher frame rates and better color reproduction will be equally important, according to two industry ex...
LG is waiting for the right time to exit the plasma TV business, a move that would leave almost no major companies making the flat-screens.
Samsung Electronics will demonstrate new games and Skype group calls for its smart TVs at next month's IFA trade show in Berlin.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTTraining Lead | Up to $800 per dayVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst x2QLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Health experience requiredNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- TPSAP Data Migration LeadQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD