Facebook continues to defy expectations with incredible growth in virtually every important area of business success, and its accomplishments stand in stark contrast to Twitter's decidedly tepid performance.
Twitter wasn't the favorite to land the NFL's Thursday Night Football live stream, but the company came out on top because of its potential reach and established role in creating online commentary around live sports.
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
Microsoft's Keystone Kops-like revelation that Windows 10 testers would get a free copy of the OS -- yes, no, then yes, probably, but with strings -- may be confusing compared to Apple's approach to OS X, but reflects the much more complicated ecosys...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Despite the frothy headlines stirred by Twitter's initial public offering, tech is not in a bubble of the sort that arose before the 2000 dot-com crash.
Twitter made its IPO documents public Thursday and in the process revealed some juicy information about the company, like how much money it makes (or loses) and how much its executives get paid. Here are a few of the details we learned about Twitter ...
While most Twitter users don't find themselves in court because of their errant or unwise tweets, they could offend a boss, tarnish their name or brand, or even put off a potential employer.
Part two of a two-part series. For a contrarian view, see "Why PCs, not smartphones, are best for social media sharing."
Students at a U.S. military graduate school in California are mining social media with new methods that may change the way the armed forces collect intelligence overseas.
Windows 8 comes preloaded with plenty of apps for basic productivity and entertainment, but they're not necessarily the best you can do. We've already mentioned the apps you should download first, but now we want to share some third-party apps that y...
In June 2007, Apple released the iPhone, and the device quickly took off to become a major brand in the smartphone market. Yet when the iPhone shipped, security on the mobile operating system was nearly nonexistent. Missing from the initial iOS (then...
Eight percent of online Americans may use Twitter, as the Pew Internet & American Life Project reported on Thursday. But does that mean your small business should use the service in its marketing and communications efforts?
Using Twitter is like being trapped in an elevator with someone who has a severe case of attention deficit disorder and just consumed three pots of truck-stop coffee.
Searching for status updates is not Twitter's forte, so leave it to Google to make its own Realtime Search engine more powerful instead.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
- A Raspberry Pi 3 competitor will boast an SSD storage slot
- Adblock Plus can't charge Axel Springer for whitelisting its ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC