If you want to keep up with your friends, support political campaigns, gossip about your favorite celebrities or find out about new technologies, your best bet in today's digital culture is Twitter. Twitter has also become a necessary part of every b...
Facebook is taking another step toward Twitterfication with the introduction of a new "@"-based tagging system for status updates.
Social networking services like Facebook and Twitter foster a false sense of security and lead users to share information which can be used by cybercriminals and social engineers. The very concept of social networking is based on connecting and shari...
For anyone who complains that Twitter posts are too short to be meaningful, we present you with Twitter's exact opposite: Woofer.
The recent Twitter hack, where a French hacker compromised internal Twitter documents by accessing the account of administrative assistant, among others, was essentially an attack on Google Docs. The reason is that Twitter outsourced their infrastruc...
As popular as Twitter has become, its immaturity shows in a variety of ways. It is pure speculation, but what would Twitter Pro accounts look like if I was developing them?
Twitter's upcoming geolocation feature is a nifty idea -- but mainly in theory. A quick look at the applications of Twitter geolocation could give those close to you, and not only those people, some ideas of taking advantage of the service to your de...
Twitter gets even better with the introduction of a new opt-in geolocation feature that will allow you to identify where you are tweeting from. Attaching your location to a tweet is nothing new to smartphone owners, but having the location-aware feat...
Because it's just a messaging platform, Twitter is far less complex than Facebook. Nevertheless, misuse and abuse seem at least as common on the former as on the latter. Some of our favorite Twitter etiquette rules follow.
Twitter and Facebook were hit today with denial-of-service attacks that can knock a site offline, but don't steal information or cause permanent damage. The question is, why?
A Chicago-area woman is being sued for $50,000 by her landlord over a critical Tweet, the Chicago Sun-Times reported today. The landlord is quoted as describing itself as a "sue first and ask questions later kind of an organization." The tweet in que...
Technology journalists are often accused of blowing Twitter out of proportion, and for good reason.
In June, the world watched as tweets from the streets of Tehran flooded Twitter. Frequent Twitter users--and people who hadn't even heard of the microblogging service--were suddenly and simultaneously witnessing its potential.
The French hacker who broke into Twitter's Google Apps and stole more than 300 private company documents has revealed in detail how he did it.
TechCrunch concluded its days-long drip of <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/168462/twitter_hacked_secrets_to_be_revealed.html?tk=rel_news">stolen Twitter documents</a> with details on the company's conversations with Google and Microsoft.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC