There's been a lot of discussion lately about Google+ and why it will render Twitter obsolete. Technology and tech-culture writer Mike Elgan makes a good argument and suggests that "It's only a matter of time before Twitter becomes a ghost town."
Symantec today announced its next-generation email and content archiving software, Enterprise Vault 10, which now purports to automatically classify email content and metadata and assign the appropriate archiving and retention policy to it.
Twitter confirmed today that it has raised a "significant round of funding" that executives hope to use to expand the site's reach.
Twitter is looking to place its promoted tweets right in front of users' eyeballs in an attempt to boost its advertising business.
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
How would you handle giving up your Internet connection -- your Facebook friends, Twitter, online news and shopping -- for just a single day?
When Google+ first launched, most people saw it, correctly, as a competitor to Facebook. But as you try Google's social network, you realize that it has a lot in common with Twitter too. That versatility could be Google's strength -- but it could be ...
Researchers over the weekend uncovered a Facebook app for Apple's iPad, and showed how "jailbroken" tablets could run the still-unreleased software.
The hackers at News Corp. have become the hackees -- surely that's a word in modern parlance -- of Anonymous and LulzSec, who released email login details of two former News of the World editors and are threatening to divulge more.
Tom Anderson has been out of the social network game for years, but lately it seems like he wants to get back in. The MySpace founder has become one of the most active and followed users on Google+ since its launch, and he also spends plenty of time ...
Google+ seemed like a boys club at first, but recent estimates point to a growing number of women using the Internet search giant's social networking service.
Twitter stands to lose a lot of clout -- and money -- if it flubs its social search deal with Microsoft's Bing like it did with Google.
Windows Phone's next iteration may be called "Windows Phone 7.5 Mango" according to a tweet from Microsoft's official Imagine Cup Twitter account.
Twitter launched its microblogging service five years ago today and the company is marking the occasion by doling out some impressive usage stats.
After three deadly blasts in the city late Wednesday, the people of Mumbai are using the Internet and social networks to help coordinate blood donations, hospitals, and even shelter for people.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTData ScientistSA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW