Symantec today announced its next-generation email and content archiving software, Enterprise Vault 10, which now purports to automatically classify email content and metadata and assign the appropriate archiving and retention policy to it.
Twitter confirmed today that it has raised a "significant round of funding" that executives hope to use to expand the site's reach.
Twitter is looking to place its promoted tweets right in front of users' eyeballs in an attempt to boost its advertising business.
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
How would you handle giving up your Internet connection -- your Facebook friends, Twitter, online news and shopping -- for just a single day?
When Google+ first launched, most people saw it, correctly, as a competitor to Facebook. But as you try Google's social network, you realize that it has a lot in common with Twitter too. That versatility could be Google's strength -- but it could be ...
Researchers over the weekend uncovered a Facebook app for Apple's iPad, and showed how "jailbroken" tablets could run the still-unreleased software.
The hackers at News Corp. have become the hackees -- surely that's a word in modern parlance -- of Anonymous and LulzSec, who released email login details of two former News of the World editors and are threatening to divulge more.
Tom Anderson has been out of the social network game for years, but lately it seems like he wants to get back in. The MySpace founder has become one of the most active and followed users on Google+ since its launch, and he also spends plenty of time ...
Google+ seemed like a boys club at first, but recent estimates point to a growing number of women using the Internet search giant's social networking service.
Twitter stands to lose a lot of clout -- and money -- if it flubs its social search deal with Microsoft's Bing like it did with Google.
Windows Phone's next iteration may be called "Windows Phone 7.5 Mango" according to a tweet from Microsoft's official Imagine Cup Twitter account.
Twitter launched its microblogging service five years ago today and the company is marking the occasion by doling out some impressive usage stats.
After three deadly blasts in the city late Wednesday, the people of Mumbai are using the Internet and social networks to help coordinate blood donations, hospitals, and even shelter for people.
Google is launching on Tuesday a redesigned Android Market client for phones that is intended to better showcase top applications and features an improved UI and faster downloading of products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW