One of China’s largest microblogs reported Thursday that it added 40 million registered users in just two months, reflecting a surge in interest in Twitter-like microblog services in the country.
While Google currently does not see any conflict between its Android vision for tablets and smartphones and its Chrome OS cloud-based laptop vision, a company official acknowledged today that there is potential for such a conflict in the future.
A Twitter-like service operated by one of China's largest Internet firms now has over 90 million active users on a monthly basis, and is positioning itself as one of the world's largest microblogging platforms.
The news that iPhones, iPads and Android devices secretly track the locations of their owners poses a potentially serious dilemma for IT staffs. If someone's manager asks IT to retrieve that data and hand it over, what should IT do? We certainly have...
Professional social networking site LinkedIn is gearing up for its initial public offering, reporting that it plans to offer 7.84 million shares for $32 to $35 per share.
Google is experimenting with a new look for its search results page, and so far users don't seem impressed.
Google users are griping over what appears to be a new sparse layout for Google search results being tested by the search giant. Google says it is doing what's sometimes called a "bucket test" - experimenting with changes by only making them visible ...
The death of Osama bin Laden, the dramatic events surrounding the military operation against bin Laden's compound in a posh Pakistani suburb, and the resulting conspiracy theories and fear of retaliatory attacks from Al Qaeda are all very popular top...
If Twitter really is buying TweetDeck, the best thing that can mean for users is nothing.
Free Android phone tethering apps found in Android Market are reportedly being blocked by AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile.
Seagate today unveiled the first 3.5-in. hard-disk drive (HDD) featuring 1TB of storage capacity per disk platter, breaking a previous area density benchmark.
With upgrades to its GWT (Google Web Toolkit) and Google Plugin for Eclipse released on Tuesday, Google is backing more HTML5 functionality and enabling improved access to Google services for developers who use the Eclipse IDE.
Osama bin Laden is finally dead, and Sohaib Athar is finally asleep. That is the news on Monday morning from the man who unwittingly live-tweeted the raid on a Pakistani compound that took down the world's most famous supervillian.
The absence of Internet and telephone service at Osama bin Laden's $1 million hiding place helped tip off intelligence experts that the Al Qaeda leader was indeed there.
Before President Barack Obama officially informed the country and the world that terrorist leader Osama bin Laden had been killed, Facebook and Twitter were lit with news and celebratory postings.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA