In the last two months, we have had three announcements of add-ons for smartphones that will allow users to read the magnetic stripe on a payment card, in effect turning the devices into wireless payment terminals.
Pricing for the new HP TouchPad hasn't been announced, but it looks like Research In Motion's 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook will cost $500. That rumor comes after Twitter user Ben Shipley posted a screenshot that shows what appears to be an internal Offic...
Executives from Facebook, Google and other companies have held talks with Twitter over a possible acquisition of the micro-blogging service, pushing its estimated value as high as $US10 billion, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
Wikileaks defenders Anonymous are firing both barrels at a security researcher who promised to name people in the group. Aaron Barr vowed he’d expose organizers of the online activist group Anonymous next week, but in response Anonymous hacked his Tw...
Google executive Wael Ghonim has been released from government custody in Egypt today, and he's already tweeted about his freedom.
Google I/O, the annual Google confab for web, mobile and enterprise app developers, has sold out in just 59 minutes.
As you learned in last week's write-up of Meebo, the browser-based instant messaging service, I love apps that can live on the Web instead of having to clutter up my PC.
Twitter was blocked in Egypt on Tuesday as the country witnessed a large protest against the rule of President Hosni Mubarak.
Social media websites remain top when it comes to blacklisting websites according to Open DNS's annual report. The web security and filtering company has produced a report detailing some of the key findings of 2010.
Twitter's advertising revenue will reach $US150 million in 2011 and $250 million next year, according to digital marketing research company eMarketer.
The Silicon Valley companies that store our personal data have a growing responsibility to protect it from government snooping, according to Daniel Ellsberg, the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers.
Starbucks Wednesday began allowing iPhone, iPod Touch and BlackBerry mobile payments for its coffee at thousands of its stores.
Playboy will land on the iPad in March, but the uncensored version of the adult magazine will not be offered as a native application, the company confirmed today.
Nvidia, makers of graphics cards, took a step into a strange future recently when they announced a wireless graphics card, the KFA2 GeForce GTX460. What are you going to do with a wireless graphics card? For one, it’d give that TV that you’ve been w...
Making multiple moves in the Web development space, Microsoft is introducing this week both a website building tool for neophytes and the third major version of its MVC (Model View Controller) technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW