The Twitterverse is abuzz with news that Twitter suspended popular mobile apps such as UberTwitter, UberCurrent, and twidroyd today. The services had not recently changed anything about the functionality or behavior of the apps, which leads one to wo...
Twitter on Friday suspended three major mobile third-party applications for allegedly violating the company's use policies.
To make its website available in more languages, Twitter has launched an online system that volunteers can use to translate the user interface of the microblogging service.
Twitter is working with operators in the Middle East to make it easier for users to send Twitter messages using SMS (Short Message Service) short codes, after blockages in countries such as Tunisia and Egypt, said CEO Dick Costolo.
It would be hard to imagine a world completely devoid of PCs. But as smartphones continue to skyrocket in popularity and some people have already abandoned their desktops in favor of their do-it-all handsets, rumblings of a PC-free future abound.
In the last two months, we have had three announcements of add-ons for smartphones that will allow users to read the magnetic stripe on a payment card, in effect turning the devices into wireless payment terminals.
Pricing for the new HP TouchPad hasn't been announced, but it looks like Research In Motion's 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook will cost $500. That rumor comes after Twitter user Ben Shipley posted a screenshot that shows what appears to be an internal Offic...
Executives from Facebook, Google and other companies have held talks with Twitter over a possible acquisition of the micro-blogging service, pushing its estimated value as high as $US10 billion, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
Wikileaks defenders Anonymous are firing both barrels at a security researcher who promised to name people in the group. Aaron Barr vowed he’d expose organizers of the online activist group Anonymous next week, but in response Anonymous hacked his Tw...
Google executive Wael Ghonim has been released from government custody in Egypt today, and he's already tweeted about his freedom.
Google I/O, the annual Google confab for web, mobile and enterprise app developers, has sold out in just 59 minutes.
As you learned in last week's write-up of Meebo, the browser-based instant messaging service, I love apps that can live on the Web instead of having to clutter up my PC.
Twitter was blocked in Egypt on Tuesday as the country witnessed a large protest against the rule of President Hosni Mubarak.
Social media websites remain top when it comes to blacklisting websites according to Open DNS's annual report. The web security and filtering company has produced a report detailing some of the key findings of 2010.
Twitter's advertising revenue will reach $US150 million in 2011 and $250 million next year, according to digital marketing research company eMarketer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD