As the first U.S. Windows Phone 7 handsets go on sale Monday, Nov. 8, Microsoft shrewdly has created an application environment that will make the phones instantly useable for many of the e-mail, social networking, photo, video and work tasks people ...
The odds are stacked against RockMelt, a new browser designed to serve as a social networking hub, industry analysts said today.
Before you make an appointment with your eye doctor, it's not your eyes. It's Facebook.
The security researcher who created the Firesheep snooping tool defended his work today, saying it's no one's business what software people run on their computers.
A slip on the keyboard could land Web surfers on questionable survey pages instead of the websites they really want to visit: Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.
The second version of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) is being released this afternoon by the organization PCI Security Standards Council, which sets the network and security requirements for merchants and service provide...
A new variant of the Koobface worm that targets Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows is spreading through Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, security researchers warned today.
Yahoo caught the redesign bug and gave Yahoo Mail a big makeover.
A week after a security company warned Mac users of the slowly growing risk of malware attack, a new Mac OS X Trojan-worm based on Koobface has been discovered circulating via Facebook and Twitter.
Mozilla today said it wouldn't -- or couldn't -- pull a "kill switch" to disable the Firesheep add-on that lets anyone steal log-on and account access information to Facebook, Twitter and other major Web services.
Security experts today suggested ways Firefox users can protect themselves against Firesheep, the new browser add-on that lets amateurs hijack users' access to Facebook, Twitter and other popular services.
Following in the footsteps of Firefox and Chrome, Apple this summer began allowing developers to create extensions for its Safari 5 Web browser and more recently launched its Extensions Gallery. The idea is to allow users to customize Safari in ways ...
With still two weeks before Windows Phone handsets go on sale, the Windows Phone Marketplace has already reached 1,000 applications and games, according to some brief blog reports.
A new Firefox add-on lets "pretty much anyone" scan a Wi-Fi network and hijack others' access to Facebook, Twitter and a host of other services, a security researcher warned today.
Being a CIO -- or working for one -- no longer means just keeping a data center and network running. Now the CIO and the IT division must become "entrepreneurial" to drum up new customers for the business and learn how to deploy cutting-edge technolo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA