This week's Twitter hack may not immediately drive corporate executives away from the microblogging site, but it may raising some early warning signs.
A security flaw has made Twitter's website a chaotic and potentially unsafe place, filled with annoying pop-up windows that activate just by rolling the mouse over another user's tweets.
A serious bug that led to a series of fast-spreading worms on Twitter's website Tuesday had been fixed in August but was accidentally re-introduced.
The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) fell victim to the wrath of 4chan members this weekend.
Lowell McAdam, 56, has been named president and chief operating officer Verizon Communications effective on 11 October.
The problem with the Internet these days? In a word: socialism.
All too often, it seems like there's a full moon out when it comes to Twitter: People who use the microblogging service do some very strange things.
Twitter says an update to its site is on the way and will stress user pictures, videos, and profiles in an attempt to compete with Facebook and Google in the race for ad dollars.
After purchasing handfuls of social networking-centric companies -- including socialDeck for online games and Jambool for virtual currency -- Google CEO Eric Schmidt said the company's social networking project will debut later this year.
Make no mistake, Twitter was perfectly justified in hyping its redesigned Website as a major announcement. The new version of Twitter.com, which will roll out to all users over the next few weeks, is more important to Twitter than any mobile app or p...
A third of US SMEs claim to have experienced malware or virus infection as a result of staff using social media websites, Panda Security's first Social Media Risk Index survey has found.
In an effort to refresh the Twitter.com site, pull users back in from third-party platforms -- and take a swipe at Facebook -- Twitter launched a significant site redesign on Tuesday.
Twitter's update to its homepage, that stresses community and multimedia content, is a welcome change to the staid site. Of course, when you impose order and elegance to Twitter's current lackluster homepage, you're going to get more kudos than quest...
Harrisburg University provost Eric Darr wants to know if his students can live without Facebook, Twitter, instant messaging and other social networks for an entire week.
JPMorgan Chase is blaming "technical issues" for an outage to its online banking site that may well be one of the longest outages by a major provider in recent memory.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCUX DesignerNSW