All too often, it seems like there's a full moon out when it comes to Twitter: People who use the microblogging service do some very strange things.
Twitter says an update to its site is on the way and will stress user pictures, videos, and profiles in an attempt to compete with Facebook and Google in the race for ad dollars.
After purchasing handfuls of social networking-centric companies -- including socialDeck for online games and Jambool for virtual currency -- Google CEO Eric Schmidt said the company's social networking project will debut later this year.
Make no mistake, Twitter was perfectly justified in hyping its redesigned Website as a major announcement. The new version of Twitter.com, which will roll out to all users over the next few weeks, is more important to Twitter than any mobile app or p...
A third of US SMEs claim to have experienced malware or virus infection as a result of staff using social media websites, Panda Security's first Social Media Risk Index survey has found.
In an effort to refresh the Twitter.com site, pull users back in from third-party platforms -- and take a swipe at Facebook -- Twitter launched a significant site redesign on Tuesday.
Twitter's update to its homepage, that stresses community and multimedia content, is a welcome change to the staid site. Of course, when you impose order and elegance to Twitter's current lackluster homepage, you're going to get more kudos than quest...
Harrisburg University provost Eric Darr wants to know if his students can live without Facebook, Twitter, instant messaging and other social networks for an entire week.
JPMorgan Chase is blaming "technical issues" for an outage to its online banking site that may well be one of the longest outages by a major provider in recent memory.
There's mounting evidence that smartphones and mobile devices are increasing the use of social networks and microblogging sites.
Yahoo's news division has launched a new social-networking site that focuses on policy debates driving November's midterm elections in the U.S., with the site giving users a chance to debate and vote on issues.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature on a bill passed by state legislators last month would make it illegal to impersonate someone on Facebook or Twitter there.
Twitter's mobile user base has spiked 62 percent since mid-April, thanks in great part to the release of official Twitter applications for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry phones.
Users of obscure third-party Twitter applications may be surprised to find that their apps no longer work, if the app creators of those apps haven't been keeping up with changes in the Twitter API (application programming interface).
Scammers are trying to take advantage of the fact that many users will soon have to update their version of the TweetDeck Twitter software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .VIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- FTInformation Security AdvisorNSW
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPGIS OfficerQLD
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW