Communications Minister Stephen Conroy's department -- Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy (DBCDE) -- has set up a trial Twitter account, joining what it described as the "tweeps".
Indian film stars are making a beeline for Twitter, updating fans on what they are doing, exchanging pleasantries, promoting their movies, and at times even settling scores with one another.
Twitter has introduced another advertising service, hoping to generate revenue this time by promoting special offers, events and one-time deals from marketers.
The nation's biggest telco Telstra has taken a slice out of the cost of its flagship Android-based smartphone, the HTC Desire, just hours before rival Vodafone is slated to start selling Google's Nexus One handset, which has similar specifications an...
Jobvite, a maker of recruiting software, released the results of its third-annual social recruiting survey this morning, and the findings underscore the many reasons job seekers need to incorporate online social networking into their job searches.
As promised, AT&T today started selling the iPhone 4 to walk-in customers, but many stores quickly ran dry.
The astronauts of Space Shuttle mission STS-131 are delighted by the response to their extra-terrestrial Twitter messages, they said Monday.
Microsoft became decidedly more social with SharePoint 2010, adding social networking tools like improved wiki and blog integration, tagging and microblogging into its SharePoint MySites feature.
Location-based services on a mobile phone are terrifically helpful when you need to find a nearby business or directions to the freeway.
Social-networking giant Twitter has agreed to settle a complaint from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission alleging that the company deceived users and put their privacy at risk by failing to take appropriate security safeguards.
Twitter lit up during this morning's Labor leadership stoush between Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard, with the usual mix of the wise, the witty and the flat-out weird. Here are some of the more amusing (and odder) #spill tweets that we spotted.
Twitter users exercise wit over leadership #spill
As chief executive of Red Hat, Jim Whitehurst spends much of his time traveling the world and talking to CIOs, and he constantly hears one thing: that they are "under siege" by user expectations.
Firefox users worried about Internet eavesdropping are being offered a new way to encrypt their interaction with a range of popular websites, including Facebook and Twitter.
Twitter on Thursday kicked off a test of a new revenue source.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia