More than 150,000 people get a few chuckles every day from <a href="http://twitter.com/bpglobalpr">@BPGlobalPR</a> on Twitter, a satirical take on BP and the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster. But BP, the company behind what has been called <a href="http:/...
Twitter is testing a feature intended to make it more convenient and secure for end users to include shortened Web addresses, or URLs, in messages they post via the popular microblogging service and via its third-party applications.
A networking equipment malfunction has disrupted Twitter, causing the microblogging site to become unavailable to users for hours on Wednesday and forcing company engineers to shut down key features to perform the repairs.
Search marketing isn't all about Google these days.
Twitter is recovering from an unspecified technical problem that affected the microblogging service's main site and its APIs (application programming interfaces) for about one hour late Tuesday morning.
Are you tweeting more these days? Seems somebody is.
Cisco is looking to take popular social networking tools and tricks and bend and meld them into a platform that's focused on business.
The latest gadget from Sony's in-house geeks will surely get your cat tweeting. A prototype tweeting cat collar, which Sony created in collaboration with the University of Tokyo, last month's Open House 2010.
Beyond its power to give voice to the mundane details of millions of members' lives, Twitter has managed to influence politics, sport, diplomacy, science - just about every realm of human endeavor. Here's a quiz about some of its more publicized uses...
Twitter has is banning third-party advertisements on its site in a move to control the monetization and integrity of the micro-blogging service. The company is spinning the move, saying it's building a firewall that blocks out advertisements that tar...
The first (and only) official Twitter app for the iPhone launched today, and is available in the App Store for free.
The serious riots in Bangkok this week have taken a tragic toll out on the streets, but have also sparked an unprecedented emergence of amateur news gathering, shared over YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, which has proved ideal for the fast-moving situ...
Twitter Tuesday confirmed that it is working on new features designed to help companies use the microblogging site to grow their business.
The modern big-screen, high-definition television is not only taking on the PC for basic Web access. It's now becoming a social networking device serving Twitter and Facebook users -- as they watch TV.
For all the Twitterers who were fretting about where their followers went earlier today, fear not. They're back.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- PTService Management AnalystSA