Twitter has is banning third-party advertisements on its site in a move to control the monetization and integrity of the micro-blogging service. The company is spinning the move, saying it's building a firewall that blocks out advertisements that tar...
The first (and only) official Twitter app for the iPhone launched today, and is available in the App Store for free.
The serious riots in Bangkok this week have taken a tragic toll out on the streets, but have also sparked an unprecedented emergence of amateur news gathering, shared over YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, which has proved ideal for the fast-moving situ...
Twitter Tuesday confirmed that it is working on new features designed to help companies use the microblogging site to grow their business.
The modern big-screen, high-definition television is not only taking on the PC for basic Web access. It's now becoming a social networking device serving Twitter and Facebook users -- as they watch TV.
For all the Twitterers who were fretting about where their followers went earlier today, fear not. They're back.
Twitter users had a big shock on Monday when they checked into the micro-blogging service. Their follower and following numbers were at 0, meaning they were suddenly very unpopular or something was seriously wrong with the site.
Mobile social-networking company GyPSii has released an upgraded version of its Tweetsii application for the iPhone, and also added a version for Android, it said on Wednesday.
Swedish music-streaming service <a href="http://www.spotify.com">Spotify</a> has added a number of social networking features designed to encourage web users to share music.
While Twitter tends to get lumped in with other social-networking sites, a group of Korean researchers has analyzed how people use the service and found that it more closely resembles a traditional news media outlet.
Twitter has acquired Cloudhopper, a provider of mobile phone text messaging infrastructure. Twitter hopes to use the company's expertise to improve the scalability and reach of its SMS (Short Message Service) service, according to a Twitter blog post...
Facebook may not be the bane of workplace productivity that some employers believe, according to a report released by MailGuard on workplace Web behaviour in Australia.
Billions of Twitter posts will no longer fade into obscurity now that Google is indexing them all in a massive, searchable database.
Twitter is promising new tools for developers to help them make better use of the 55 million tweets being pumped out every day by people who use its service.
Who would've thought that 140-character musings could be so culturally significant? First Google announces that it will index billions of Twitter posts into a searchable database, and now the venerable Library of Congress say it plans to preserve the...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementWA
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)SA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC